Bacon, eggs and comic books

I sat on the porch that night for about another hour after Sheldon left. I just sat and thought things over. I didn't cry. I wasn't mad. Just.. confused now. I honestly didn't know how I should feel. I was just so confused and curious as to what he was going to say before he ran off. When I finally went back to bed, Missy was fast asleep, snoring softly. I crawled in next to her, falling asleep after what seemed like forever of tossing and turning.
      The following morning at breakfast, Sheldon wasn't at the table. He's normally the first one there too, which made it even more odd. There was no way I could let his absence go unnoticed. 

"Heeey, Missy? Have you seen Sheldon this morning?"

"...no."

"Why'd you have to think about it?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You paused before you said it. Clearly there's something you're not telling me."

"Nuh-uh."

     I glared daggers at the top of her head, since she was looking down at her bacon as if her life depended on it. She bit her lip, clearly wanting to tell me something but restraining herself from doing so.

"Come on Missy. No one else is around to hear you!"

"...okay. Sheldon was here right before you got up-"

"I knew it!!"

"-but as soon as the door to my room opened, he got up and muttered something about the comic book store and just ran out the door. Phew, that's better. I hate keeping secrets for my brothers, especially Sheldon."

"Do you think he actually went to the comic book store?"

"If I'm being honest, probably."

"I need to talk to him."

"Oooooh, why? Gonna tell him ya love him, maybe give him a smooch?"

     She started making kissing noises at me, prompting a giggle out of me. I snarfed down the rest of my breakfast before rinsing my plate. Mrs. Cooper always tells me I don't need to, but I do it anyway. I enjoy being helpful to Mary.
     I knocked three times on Georgie's door (pretend he lives there y'all for the sake of convenience), awaiting an answer. The music he was blairing (Black Sabbath) was so loud I could barely hear my knuckled connecting with the wood. I then started pounding on the door, which evidently got his attention, for he turned down the music greatly and opened the door.

"What do you want?"

     His thick accent never fails to catch me off guard every time I hear him talk, it being so unlike Missy's and Sheldon's way of speaking. 

"I'm sorry to bug you, but could you maaaybe give me a ride?"

"sigh Where?"

"Just to that comic book shop Sheldon always goes to."

     He cocked his head and raised an eyebrow, trying to read me.

"I feel like there's more to this than some comic books."

"Just- please?"

"groan Fiiiiiine."

"Yes! Thank you so so much!"

     We had a very insightful conversation in the car. Turns out, I had everything all wrong. He didn't hate me. In fact, it was exactly the opposite.

"Sooooo you tryin to find Sheldon?"

"I mean, I don't think I could lie to you if I tried, so yeah."

"What happened?"

"Well, last night we had a.. uh.. chat. And I don't really know if it ended okay or bad or good or whatever, and apparently this morning he ran out the door when he heard me coming! I don't understand why he's being so confusing."

"So you like him?"

"...yeah."

"Well, I give you my blessin'."

"Shut up!"

"See, when it comes to Sheldon, he's like a girl in many ways, and I'm sure it's no different for this crushy mushy stuff. Obviously I wouldn't know, but he is my brother after all, so I can make an educated guess."

"I'm shocked you even know what that is. I also need more advice than that! How do I win him over??"

"First of all, I don't think you're gonna have any competition any time soon. And second of all, I think you already have Y/n."

"What? You do?"

"Yeah. I heard him talkin about ya to Missy this mornin'."

"Really? What was he saying??"

"Well, I didn't hear it all, but I did hear him say how he gets this weird feelin around ya. He said it's like there are butterflies in his stomach, and then he got all creeped out thinkin about butterflies. I still don't get how he's scared of 'em.."

"Off track! Continue please!"

"Right, right. Well, anyways, he likes you. Missy told him and he just kind of accepted it. But he did get mad at her for inviting you over without asking him first. He's so entitled sometimes. At that point I stopped listenin'."

"That must be when I came out.. he was just saying how she should have talked to him about inviting me before doing it."

"Sure."

     I wasn't sure what else to say. I couldn't believe I had been so stupid. An Iron Maiden song had just come on, so Georgie had pretty much forgotten about my existence. I was glad for it so I didn't have to say anything else. 
     When we arrived, I jumped out of the car as fast as I could. I told Georgie to wait here just in case he wasn't in there, but he insisted on coming in with me. There were only 3 other cars in the parking lot, one being a lot nicer compared to the others. Apparently the nice yellow one caught Georgie's eye, and he made an expression I couldn't quite decipher, so I decided to think nothing of it.
     I ran up to the door and swung it open, taking in the scenery. It was very bright and colorful in here, being full to the brim with comics and action figures and whatever else you would think to find in here. What I also saw was Sheldon. He was standing near the front, examining a comic while fervently ranting to an older woman who was very pretty for her age. When the door bell rang, the older woman looked up, but Sheldon did not. When she saw me, her eyes widened a bit. Her gaze didn't waver one bit.

"Hey Moonpie, what did you say this girl looked like?"

"Oh, she has (h/c) hair about this long. (he marks it with his hand on himself) She has (e/c) eyes, which look better than they normally do in natural lighting."

"Welp, speak of the devil!"