Freeze Day

NO ONES POV:

Scene begins at the Diaz Household. In the bathroom, Star straightens her red horned headband in the mirror.

Star: Eh.
Using her magic wand, Star cycles through several different headbands: a flower headband...

Star: Ugh.
...a pirate hat...
Star: Uhh.
...a red fez with a gold tassel...
Star: Eh.

...a blue unicorn horn and mane...
Star: Ugh.
...and a green cactus headband.
Star: Ah! Cacti for the win.

Marco bursts into the bathroom as laser puppies yap around his feet with you close behind him. He rushes up to the mirror and shoves Star out of the way.

Marco: [screams] Out of the way! I overslept! I'm gonna be late!

You: sup star. [Waves at star as you look at Marco]

Marco briefly rummages through things on a nearby shelf. He brushes his teeth with a hairbrush and his hair with a toothbrush.

Behind him, the laser puppies scurry around shooting lasers in random directions
Marco Ah! Where's my hoodie?!
You give Marco his hoodie as he snatches it out your hand.

Star: Whoa, chill, Marco. We can still get to school by first period.

You sighed knowing why Marco was being so rush full.
Marco puts his red hoodie on backwards and pulls the hood off his face.

Marco: This isn't about learning! This is about love.

Flashback to Marco and you standing next to the Echo Creek Academy lockers. He looks at his phone while straightening his hair. His phone clock reads "7:56". You just look ahead cleaning your glasses

Marco: (voice over.) Every day, I get there by 7:55, because at exactly 7:56, Jackie Lynn Thomas gets there.

Jackie skates up to Marco and you on her skateboard. She skates past you both .

Marco: (voice over) And we share a nod.
Marco  and you nod to Jackie. Jackie nods back and continues skating away.

Marco: (voice over.) It's kind of our thing.
You: (voice over) no it's not..
Marco: [sighs]
You: [makes a mocking disgust face]

Cut back to Diaz Household bathroom – present day. Star's eyes are wide with affection.

Star: Awww... Wait. A nod? You don't even say hi?

You: he doesn't...
Marco: I'm working up to that.
Marco takes a folded-up paper out of his pocket and unfolds it.

Marco: See? It's all a part of my 23-step plan. I'm already on step 4: nodding every day.
Star: Hmm.

A laser puppy shoots its lasers at Marco's hands.

Marco: Hey! Down, boy! [falls over] Bad laser puppy!

You pick up the puppy as you glare at Marco scolding it. Marco glares back but your glare was intense making him look at the clock.

Marco:  [looks at clock] It's 7:54! I can't make it! Can't you just... uh, uh, magically stop time or something?

Star: [scoffs, laughs] Oh, yeah. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Yeah, yeah. Easy Peasy Time Freezie.