T W E N T Y .

A bunch was happening at the house. The boys' dad was there, the house was being bought by him, Conrad had to study, and everyone was going insane about that but finally everyone left to get some food. JJ went to the beach to give Ana and Conrad some space, and now they were just sitting in the dining room.

"Since we're finally alone... do you think we could talk?" Ana mumbled, sitting across from him.

"Uh.. yeah. What's up?" He said, putting his pen down before looking up to her.

"I- I love you, Conrad. I am so... in love with you." She started, staring at her hands as Conrad nodded, "but I know that I can't be with you, and before you say we can work it out.. I don't think we can. I'll always think about what happened, you'll always feel guilty, we'd be miserable... so I'm leaving tonight, to go back to finch, where I will start a new... relationship?... with JJ. And I hope that over time, you and I can be friends, best friends. Because that is what you are. You're one of my best friends. And I can't imagine a life without you or jere. I hope to grow up with you, and meet your kids, and see your wedding and see what career you choose, but I hope to do that from the sidelines..."

Ana finished, not looking at the boy at all, her hands were on her eyes as she talked, trying to hold back tears.

"Ana... please- just... please. Give us another try." Conrad whispered, his voice breaking.

"Connie baby, this relationship was over before we broke up..." Ana sighed, walking over to him and sitting beside him instead.

"I can't let you go..."

"But you need to. If you want to fix anything that we might still have... this is the way to do it. Just- just be my friend, Connie. Just be there for me." She whispered.

Conrad leaned in and kissed her one last time, and Ana didn't fight it. She let him kiss her knowing that this was a goodbye kiss. A 'maybe I'll see you later' kiss. A 'I'm sorry it turned out like this.' Kiss. And she accepted it with welcome arms.

When they finally pulled apart Conrad watched as JJ and her got ready to leave. They said their goodbyes and he watched in pure horror as they drove away. He slowly sat down on the porch steps and cried, that's all he could do... cry.