7. Getting Risky

"Y/N, please come here!" You were working at your desk when Millicent called you. "Y/N, you did very well last month. Therefore I want you to do this important interview. Director Lancaster from Lancaster Group has just gotten married. We will be interviewing him this time." That raised alarm bells in your head. Why would they be interested in him? "I think I can't..."

"Why not? Several people in the company saw him come to see you." She reasoned. "It's not like that, I-"

"Y/N, I think highly of you. That is why I decided to let you do this interview. Go and prepare the interview outline first."

You sighed as you stepped out of her office. The relationship with your family has become so complicated and weaved into your work. "Y/N, what is wrong?" Wanda asked. You dragged to somewhere quieter and told her that Millicent told you to interview Director Lancaster. Someone told her that you were his friend, but you don't think you're up for this job.

"Millicent asked you to interview Director Lancaster? Isn't he the handsome one that came last time? What's up with him?" You shook your head, Wanda would never get it without you telling her the whole story. She's much too focused on a person's look to see anything else. "Why? Skeleton in the closet? I brought this interview up during the meeting. You have to thank me!" Sharon came out behind you.

"Is there anything odd with the interview?" Wanda asked timidly. "Nothing odd, I am afraid that someone is too guilty to take the task. Afraid to meet him since he is married, and more afraid of being bullied by the legal wife!"

"Sharon! What nonsense are you talking about?" Wanda came to your defence. Despite knowing nothing much, the one thing she know is your personality and there was no way you would break a couple's relationship.

"I'm not talking nonsense, you'll know later."

You've done quite a few since you started working at Stark News and the outline was quickly done and vetted by Millicent. "The interview outline is okay. Since you and Mr Lancaster are friends, you can meet privately first. Afterwards, I'll arrange for him to come here and take pictures for the cover. If it wasn't for you being able to get an interview with Natasha Romanoff, we wouldn't have sold out all of our copies. The Chief Editor will definitely reward you! This is the last edition, you can keep a copy." She handed you the magazine with Natasha Romanoff on the front page. You could see why so many people have a crush on her. You were embarrassed to admit that you were staring at the front page for a while until Millicent told you you were free to leave.

You arrange a meeting three days later with Marcus with Lancaster Group. When the arranged date arrived, you went to his office but Stephanie was sitting on his chair instead of him. "What? Don't feel surprised?"

"You have painstakingly sent Marcus away. Is it because you have no confidence in him?"

"How is that possible? Don't think that I don't know that you still can't forget Marcus after so long." You rolled your eyes at her comment. She and Marcus kept getting involved in your life, you can't forget him even if you want to. "You're thinking too much. I'm not into taking someone's leftovers, only you treasure him."

"Hello? Is this Starks News? Your employee is very arrogant! We're here to do an interview, not to look at your employee's negative faces! Director Lancaster is very angry now! You must give us an explanation! What has she done? She hit Director Lancaster and even splashed coffee on him!"

"Y/N, we'll see how you try to explain your way out this time!"

"There is no need for an explanation. You have said what you wanted to say. I can't do anything about it." If you can handle Sherry's accusation about you, she is nothing to worry about.