II. I once again bring bad news to the camp without knowing

As I'd been landed on by Mei and MK when we first met, I had to go buy eggs again.

'Mom! I'm back!' I said as I entered the house and went into the kitchen.

I looked at MK and Mei standing behind me looking around in awe

'And I brought some friends with me,' I added.

'Wow,' Mei said 'Your house is really neat'

'Thanks,'

I put down the eggs and started laying out food for breakfast. I decided to try making blue pancakes today since mom would be taking care of Estelle, my little sister.

'Well hello there!'

I turned around to my mum looking at the two interlopers in my living room. Both of them bowed to my mum in greeting. A thought popped in my mind.

'Are you guys from China?'

'Yeah, Megapolis' Mei replied

'Oh, you guys are foreigners? How long have you been in Manhattan?' Mum asked

'Well for about a minute...'

That made me start thinking. If these kids were from China, which gods were their parents then? Annabeth, my girlfriend, had told me that in different parts of the world, different gods controlled the flow of the universe. It didn't make much sense at the time, and it still doesn't make sense to me. I mean, I've seen Apollo drive the sun in his chariot, and yet Karter Cane, a friend of mine, had told me how Ra sails the sun in a boat. It turns my brain to mush sometimes if I think too hard about it.

My mum had sat down at the dining table with the other two and started talking to them while I was flipping Pancakes. One of them got stuck to the ceiling and wouldn't come down. I listened in on her conversation with the two while they told their tale. Apparently, Mei, whose full name was Ao Mei, was a descendant, like she had told me earlier, of the Grand Dragon of the Eastern Sea, Ao Jie. Apparently, she had been of pure Dragon descent, and was the wielder of the true fire of Samadhi, an unbridled flame that, left unchecked, could obliterate our entire universe. I thought that was a tall tale, since if something of that magnitude of destruction was real then at least camp would have given a hint of its existence. She said she also had a dragon aura, which was kinda cool.

MK said he didn't know who his ancestors were or where he came from, and how he was adopted by Zhu Bajie, or Pigsy, a literal pig. He was a noodle delivery boy at his adopted father's shop until he picked up a staff from a construction site. Surprisingly, it belonged to a-sorry- THE monkey king. And since that day, with guidance from 'the monkey king,' he has been dealing with 'World-level threats' such as a 'Demon Bull King' and a 'Spider Queen', and a bunch of other different royal bad guys. Honestly, I found it wild to believe how many different royalties were in China. Maybe he meant that they were ruling over specific animals like Spider Queen really meant 'Queen of Spiders'. I asked him this and he said he wouldn't know since Spider Queen was murdered.

Another pancake found residence on the ceiling of my kitchen. I put that one in the bin, separated the remaining into four stacks, put blueberries and dribbled syrup over mine, and brought the remaining to the table. The two kids devoured the meal within seconds. Mum and I both looked at them.

'Um, thank you for the meal, ma'am,' Mei said.

'Yes, thank you ma'am,' MK chimed.

'So...' my mum said' are you taking them to camp half blood after this?'

'Yeah,' I replied ' I'll try to get Chiron to talk to the pantheon, and see if I can find their godly parent--'

'I'm the daughter of a Dragon!'