: ̗̀➛𝖕𝖗𝖊𝖋𝖆𝖈𝖊

"She's got oceans tucked away in her hair, poems swim under her skin"

----------------☆-------------

The magic rooted deep within her ancestry had dried off generations ago. Or so she thought. As she hid behind an enclosed cavern with a freshly brewing storm on its way with the clouds thundering above, she felt truly terrified.

It wasn't the first time her abilities had manifested, but the fear of being discovered got worse every fortnight. Todays had been a narrow escape. Too close for comfort. The mere thought of her fate if she had been found out sent chills down her spine and set her skin cold. Tonight the court bustled with excitement and restlessness. Over the sounds of laughter and silverware she had felt her eyes glow with pain and her head grow heavy with the promise of a migrane. With a start she realised that tonight the moon was shining its silvers through the open windows of the court, on the people of the kingdom, ever oblivious and content. It was a full moon night.

She bolted upright and slipped out, praying that no one noticed her strangeness. She ran all the way to the alcove, chest tightening with every breath.

This was where she now found herself, down on her knees, mind racing to find just one way to stop herself from losing control, from coming undone. Hearing footsteps echo from the entrance of the cave sent her heart  to her stomach. There was no place to go except deeper into  cave. She moved further into the cavern, getting lost in its twisted passages.