Underneath the Moonlight

After an exhausting week within the academic grounds of De La Salle University (DLSU), Alexa Gonzales, a dedicated young girl from the southern corners of Metro Manila, decided to go to a place where she could unwind herself, and reminisce about the good old days - Obscure Café. This place was extremely special to her, as it holds a lot of convivial memories during her stay within the educational walls of Brother Andrew Gonzales College of Education (BAGCED).

It has been two (2) years since she left the aforementioned building, particularly the degree program that she was given by the university - Bachelor of Arts in English Language Studies (ABELS). She dearly missed her bosom friends: Tatix, Finela, and Xavier, whom she considered as her second family in school. The three of them were English majors; Finela concentrated on Linguistics, Tatix specialized in Literature and Creative Writing, and Xavier focused on utilizing the English language in the field of law. In the case of Alexa, she deviated from her initial studies, and went on to pursue her fiery passion in learning the beauty of Business Management within the grand halls of St. La Salle.

As she went inside the café, the nutty aroma of the coffee grounds being brewed by the barista permeated the cozy vicinity; nostalgic memories from the past came into her mind, whilst relishing the bittersweet scent of coffee. She immediately ordered her favourite pastime drink: Caramel Macchiato, and sat down near a humongous window where the golden rays of the dusky sun touched her snow-white skin. She savoured every ounce of the delicious cold beverage that she was sipping from a medium-sized plastic cup.

Unbeknownst to her, a tall young lad appeared in front of her. "Excuse me, Hi! Could I borrow this chair?" said the tall young lad. Alexa was in complete awe with the young lad, as he looked fairly familiar with her all-time crush - JC Chasez. Alexa replied to the tall young lad, "Yeah! Sure thing!" The young lad grabbed the wooden chair and placed it near his table. Afterwards, he looked back at Alexa and said "Thank you!" with a youthful deep voice. Alexa slightly nodded her head with a bright smile and continued sipping her Caramel Macchiato whilst scrolling on her mobile phone.

The hour of darkness came; The lucent moon rose from its sleep, and the dazzling stars shined brightly in the night sky. Alexa witnessed the enigmatic transformation of the heavens above her. This indicated one thing - she would now have to leave the serene premises. She immediately grabbed her black shoulder bag and walked towards the glass door. However, she was stopped by the tall young lad that she met a while ago. "Hey!" said the tall young lad. "Hi! Were you going to leave too?" replied Alexa. "No, actually, I was going to ask for your phone number," the tall young lad bashfully uttered.

To start with, it was eccentric for a stranger to ask someone's phone number - extremely creepy! Notwithstanding the debonair physical features of the young lad, it was still very dangerous for Alexa to carelessly give her phone number! Perhaps, the young lad might trace her mobile phone and stalk her, or worse - kill her to death! And like a chocolate chip cookie, Alexa toughened up herself, and questioned the motive of the tall young lad. "Why are you asking for my phone number?" The tall young lad was shocked when Alexa uttered those words with a reminiscent of fear in her voice. "Oh, Sh*t! I didn't mean to scare you or what... You might not recognize me, but I'm the quiet guy in every major subject you took in Business Management." said the tall young lad. "Wait, so you're taking business management too?" Alexa curiously replied to the tall young lad. "Yes! I would always sit at the back of every class we had in the past terms." uttered the tall young lad. 

 Alexa was astounded when she heard the tall young lad. The mere fact that she didn't know his mere existence made her feel ignorant and clueless like Cher Horowitz! In the perspective of Alexa, the physical appearance of the tall young lad looked dashing and dapper at the same time - equipped with thick brown eyebrows, kissable red lips, deep blue ocean eyes, a sharp jawline, and a muscular lean physique, which would make any girl fall in love with him. And with that, Alexa asked the name of the tall young lad. "So... what's your name?" The tall young lad happily replied. "Actually, my full name is Joshua Scott Herrera, but you can call me by my nickname JC!" Alexa was stupefied when she perceived the message of the tall young lad. "And regarding your first question earlier, I was trying to get your phone number because I like you." uttered JC with a husky deep tone in his voice whilst diffidently smiling at Alexa. 

Alexa became speechless when she heard what JC said to her with complete sincerity. Time completely slowed down for her, love instantly filled the air inside the café, and euphoria rushed into her veins, which made her heart flutter swiftly. Alexa was finally feeling the state of bliss and elation from JC's confession - she was in love! JC continued his confession to Alexa. "Since the beginning, I have been noticing your invigorating presence inside the classroom. I got love for thee, but I don't know where to start. When I try to converse with you, I usually get tongue-tied and twisted, as the right words cannot come out of my mouth. I didn't have the confidence to say how fond I am of you. But now, I finally have the courage to say...I truly like you, Alexa Gonzales!" 

Alexa instantly grabbed JC by his hand and went outside of the café. Without any hesitation, Alexa kissed JC on his rosy red cheeks underneath the moonlight. Afterward, Alexa uttered these heartfelt words to JC. "Thank you for confessing your fondness towards me. With all my heart, I will reciprocate that same energy to you. For now, I need to go home, as my parents are expecting me." JC was saddened when he heard what Alexa said. Nevertheless, he finally got his happy ending with one of the most handsome girls in the world - Alexa Gonzales. Alexa bid her farewell to the tall young lad and left the campus with a heartwarming smile on her beautiful face.