We collect prophecys like Pokémon cards! Yay.

A few Roman campers hustled forward—apparently the senior officers. Three kids appeared at Percy's side, two of them where the same ones I had seen him chumming around with earlier. The burly Asian guy with the buzz cut was about fifteen... He was cute in like big fluffy bear way. I kind of wanted to give him a hug. The girl was younger, maybe thirteen, with amber eyes and chocolate skin and long curly hair. Her cavalry helmet was tucked under her arm. There was a new second girl, she was about as tall as the amber eyes girl but maybe 14, she was pretty in a soft way. She had hair just past shoulder length light brown hair and tan skin. I couldn't quite pin a colour to her eyes. They had so many colours in them, maybe an Iris kid?

I could tell from the body language that they all felt close to Percy. Wow, maybe I should be the therapist god. They stood next to him protectively, like they'd already shared many adventures. I felt happy for Percy, he had these kids to help him through what ever happened.

If I had to guess the teddy bear was the amber eyed girls boyfriend, though I suspected hadn't been together long. The amber eyed girl was staring in the distance. At Piper and Leo's direction, like she recognized one of them, and the memory was painful. Suddenly I wanted to give her a big hug and ask if she was ok. But A, that'd really weird, B, I don't even know her name.

Meanwhile, Reyna was giving orders to her officers. " . . . Tell the legion to stand down. Dakota, alert the spirits in the kitchen. Tell them to prepare a welcome feast. And Octavian—"

"You letting the intruders into the camp?" A tall guy with stringy blond hair elbowed is way forward. "Reyna the security risks—"

"We're not taking them to camp, Octavian." Reyna flashed him a stern look. "We'll eat here, in the forum.

"Oh, much better," Octavian grumbled. He seemed to the only one who didn't defer to Reyna as his superior, despite the fact that he was scrawny and pale and for some reason had three teddy bears hanging from his belt. "You want us to picnic in the shadow of their warship."

"These are our guests." Reyna clipped off every word. "We will welcome them, and we will take to them. As augur, you should burn an offsetting to thank the gods for being Jason back to us safely."

"Good idea," a mystery girl butts in. "Go burn your bears, Octavian."

Reyna looked like she was trying not smile. "Rayne must I remind you you're not in a place where you can give orders?" She turns back to Octavian. "But, you have my orders. Go."

The officers dispersed. Octavian shot Percy a look of absolute loathing. Then he gave me a suspicious once- over and walked away. So I did the mature thing a stuck my tongue out at him.

Percy slipped his hand into mine. "Don't worry about Octavian," he said. "And he's technically related to you."

"You're kidding." I say face dropping. Percy smiled.

"Most of the Roman's are good people— like Frank and Hazel here, and Reyna. Oh, and Rayne, wait Rayne when did you get here?" Percy trailed off. "Anyways we'll be fine."
I smiled but that soon dropped as it felt like someone's had draped a cold washcloth across my neck. I heard that whispering laughter again, as is the presence has followed me from the ship.

I looked at the Argo II. Its massive bronze hull flitted in the sunlight. Part of me wanted to kidnap Percy and his friends right now, climb on board, and get out of here while we still could.

I couldn't shake the feeling that something was about to go terrible wrong. (Again I should listen to my gut more.) And there was no way I would ever risk losing Percy again.

"We'll be fine," I repeated, trying to believe it. Psycho snowmen.

"Excellent," Reyna said. She turned to Annabeth, and I thought there was a hungry sort of gleam in her eyes. ( 😏😏) "Let's talk, and we can have a proper reunion."