9 The Idiot's Lantern I

Rose and I got changed in the Tardis wardrobe, and my God the closest is huge, there is everything inside that thing. I'm not a huge fan of heels but I decided why not.

We walked out of the Tardis into the sun and onto the street.

    "I thought we'd be going for the Vegas era. You know, the white flares and the chest hair." Rose said looking around.

    "You are kidding, aren't you?" The Doctor poked his head out, he even did his hair. "If you want to see Elvis, you go for the late '50s. The time before burgers! When they called him 'The Pelvis' and he still had a waste! What's more, you see him in style!"
We are here the revving up an engine and turn to see the Doctor drive out of the Tardis on a scooter. "You going my way, doll?" The Doctor imitated Elvis.

    "Is there any other way to go, daddy-o? Straight from the fridge, man!" Rose said.

    "Hey, you speak the lingo!" The Doctor smiled.

    "Yeah, well, me and Mum, Cliff Richard movies, every Bank Holiday Monday." Rose told him as we got on the scooter.

     "Cliff! I knew your mother would be a Cliff fan." The Doctor said.

    "Where we are off to?" I asked as we drove down the street.

    "Ed Sullivan TV studios." The Doctor answered. "Elvis did Hound Dogon one of the shows. There were loads of complaints. Bit of luck, we'll just catch it."

    "And that would be TV studios in, what, New York?" Rose wondered.

    "That's the one!" But just as he answered a read double Dekker bus passed in front of us. That's when we really noticed of the flags and how the streets were decorated.

    "Digging that New York vibe!" I laughed.

    "Well, this could still be New York. I mean, this looks very New York to me. London-y New York, mind, but..." The Doctor said.

    "What are all the flags for?" Rose asked.
They were flags hung everywhere in the colours of the flag.

————

We walked up to a truck as two people lifted out an old telly.

"There you go, sir. All wired up for the great location." The man who sold the telly said.

"Great occasion? What do you mean?" The Doctor questioned.

"Where you been living, out in the colonies? The Coronation of course!" The man answered, closing the doors to his truck.

"And what Coronation's that, then?" The Doctor asked.

"What do you mean? The Coronation!" The man, obviously thought we were either joking, or we were just really dumb.

"It's the Queen's!" Rose realized. The Doctor looked over at her still confused.

"Queen Elizabeth!" I clarified.

"Oh, oh! Is this 1953?" The Doctor realized.

"Last time I looked." The man answered. "Time for a lovely bit of pomp and circumstance. What we do best."

"Look at all the TV aerials." Rose said, I looked to see almost every house had one maybe one or two didn't.
"Looks like everyone's got one." I say.

"That's weird. My mum said were so rare, they all had to pile into one house." Rose said.

"Not round here, love. Magpie's Marvellous Tellies." He pointed at the name on his truck. "Only five quid a pop!"