6 The Rise Of The Cybermen II

We sat on a hill, looking at the house, it was night by now. The house was a mansion, it also seems that they were lots of people there.

    "They've got visitors." The Doctor said.

    "February the 1st. Mum's birthday." Rose said. "Even in a parallel universe, she still loves a party."

    "Well, given Pete Tyler's guest list, I wouldn't mind a look. And there is one guaranteed way of getting inside..." The Doctor taking out a wallet.

    "Psychic paper." Rose smiled.

    "Who do you want to be?" The Doctor asked.

    "Psychic paper? What's that?" I wonder.

     "Something the Doctor uses, it says whatever you want it say." Rose told me.

———————

I walk through the door of the kitchen, holding a platter. In a server uniform. The Doctor and Rose the same.
Everyone inside is dressed in fancy clothing.

    "We could've been anyone." Rose whispered.

    "It got us in, didn't it?" The Doctor said.

     "You're in charge of the psychic paper. We could've been guests. Celebrities. Sir Doctor, Dame (Y/n), Dame Rose. And we've ended up serving." Rose said.

    "I did enough of this back home." I say. "But there is a benefit."

     "If you want to know what's going on, work in the kitchen." The Doctor said.

    "That's  true, people talk, like we are not there, you could actually get it quite a lot of knowledge working in the kitchen." I agree.

    "According to Lucy, that man over there..." The spoke.

    "Who's Lucy?" Rose asked.

    "She's carrying the salmon pinwheel." The Doctor said.
It was a girl with brown hair, smiling at a guest.

   "Oh, that's Lucy, is it?" Rose said.

    "Yeah. Lucy says that is the President of Great Britain."

    "President? Not Prime Minister?" I questioned.

    "Seems so." The Doctor says.

    "Or maybe Lucy's just a bit thick." Rose said.

We continue to walk through the house.

    "Excuse me, thank you very much. Thank you, if I could have your attention please." A man called, people clap for him. "Thank you very much."
We walked to the house where we got to the entry room where there were large staircases, a man was standing on them, Pete Tyler, Rose's Dad. "I'd just like to say thank you to you all for coming on this very special occasion. My wife's... 39th." People laughed. "Trust me on this." More laughter. "And so without any further ado, here she is, the birthday girl, my lovely wife, Jackie Tyler."
People clapped as she came down the stairs, well dressed and stood beside her husband.

    "Now, I'm not giving a speech, that's what my parties are famous for, no work, no politics. Just a few good mates and plenty of black market whiskey." Jackie said, and the people laughed. "Pardon me, Mr President. So, yeah, get on with it. Enjoy! Enjoy." Everyone cheered, Jackie and Pete walked down, holding hands and passed by us.

    "You cannot stay. Even if there was some way of telling them." The Doctor reminded Rose.

    "Course I can't." Rose agreed, "I've still got Mum at home, my real mum. I couldn't just leave her, could I? It's just... They've got each other. Mum's got no one."