.·:*¨¨* ≈Snowed In≈ *¨¨*:·.

Chapter 1
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"What? Are you sure every road out is closed!?" Amelia asks me, her voice filled with panic, as she frantically googles various paths and intersections out of Hurricane.

"Nope, they're literally all covered in snow," I sigh defeatedly, staring at the screen of my phone. "Guess we can't go home this year..."

Amelia's eyes widen in disbelief. "Then what are we supposed to do? Our PS5 is still at your parent's place, and all the stores are closed right now!... wait." She pauses for a moment, as if lost in thought.

"There is still one place we could go!" she exclaims, a mischievous grin spreading across her face.

I raise an eyebrow, skeptical. "No," I cut her off bluntly.

"Come onnn, you promised we would camp out at the abandoned Freddy's months ago!" Amelia whines, her eyes pleading with me.

"I lied. I say half-jokingly. "That place is creepy, and probably incredibly dusty."

Amelia's eyes sparkle with excitement. "Bring a broom with you then! And so what if it's creepy, that's the whole point of going!"

I roll my eyes playfully. "Fine, but only for tonight!"

"Yes! Thank you, Y/n!" Amelia cheers, giving me a quick hug before grabbing the blankets and rushing out of the car.

The drive to Freddy's is mostly silent, leaving me alone with my thoughts. Dimly-lit streetlights, the wind in my face, and the faint smell of pine in the air take me back to my childhood. Memories of Amelia and I spending hours playing at the park, exploring the woods behind our houses, and riding bikes around the neighborhood flood my mind. But there is one memory that stands out among the rest, a memory that still sends shivers down my spine.

"Y/n..." Amelia's voice breaks through my thoughts, bringing me back to the present.

I snap back to attention. "Yeah, I'm listening. What's up?"

"You were really lost in thought there... are you okay?" Amelia asks, concern etched on her face as she holds some blankets.

I give her a reassuring smile. "Yeah, I'm okay. What do you want me to carry?"

"I already moved everything inside myself. I just came out to get you," she says, locking the car behind us.

"Oh, sorry. I'll get our stuff settled inside while you look around, okay?" I try to say but she's already gone and, struggling to climb the unstable play equipment.

"This is going to be a long night," I mutter to myself as I enter the old Freddy's building.

The atmosphere inside is eerie, with flickering lights casting haunting shadows on the faded walls. The air is heavy with dust, and the sound of creaking floorboards fills the silence. Amelia's excited laughter echoes through the halls of the old building.

"Amelia, I really think we should just go home," I admit, my voice filled with unease.

She turns to me, her eyes shining. "Noo, Y/n! We are just getting started! Imagine the stories we'll have to tell after this!"

I can't help but be drawn in by her enthusiasm, despite my lingering fear. "Alright, alright. Let's make the most of it then."

We set up our makeshift campsite, creating a cozy corner amidst the darkness and decay. As we settle in, I can't shake the feeling that we are being watched. Trying desperately to ignore it I make my way over to Ame as she enters the large play structure through the large yellow tube slide.