1.0/Whale Island

Slightly proofread.
Chapter: 1.0 (1)
Word Count: 1.3k

*Clap*

Much to his predicament, Choso found himself in an unfamiliar place: green trees all around, and warm sunlight shining through the gaps of the trees.

A minute ago, he was just inside Tengen's barrier, but now he had found himself in an area far from Tengen's presence. A malfunction in their technique? Or am I dreaming?

While seemingly thinking so, Choso decided not to waste any more time and started to wander through the forest. He had an important job to do after all. Soon after he found a trail that possibly led to someplace. Following that trail, Choso bumped into a small child with a fishing rod slanged over their shoulder. Choso wasn't warry of the kid since he didn't sense any curse energy or intent.

Although, he sensed a curious gleam through the young child's eyes. "I haven't seen you around before," they spoke up, "are you a visitor?"

Choso wasn't sure what he should say so he decided to play along. Maybe this was a trick from Tengen. "I...yes, I am. I appear to be lost though," he says, looking at the trees surrounding them.

"Would you mind telling me where this place is?"

The kid nodded as he told Choso of the location he was in, an island, Whale Island. Choso assumed that the was just a local nickname for the island, he was probably on some other island of Japan, and Tengen's barrier technique had probably sent him somewhere on the map.

"... Excuse, but what island is this?" He asked again, spewing out names of places which left the kid confused.

"Whale Island, like I had just told you!" The kid said brightly, cocking his head to the side. "Did you get on the wrong island, sir?" The kid smiled apologetically.

That's strange. Choso found himself spurned when he couldn't get any useful information, he guessed that he should should find out for himself.

"I was going to go fishing but since there's no clear road back to town you could get lost again," the kid started, "but it's not going to be a quick journey, you may get lost again..."

Choso watched the child grip his fishing rod seemingly in deep thought, "Oh, right! I didn't introduce myself," he looked up to Choso and smiled, "I'm Gon!" And likewise, Choso did the same.

Gon suggested that Choso follow him to town himself, but hearing that the journey would be lofty, he felt bad for inconveniencing the child. It must be hard to go back and forth for such long distances, he thought, and so he turned down Gon's offer, insisting that he would wait for when Gon until he finished.

"Huh? You'd really do that? But you'll miss the ship by then if you do."

Choso who had no idea about his situation chose to play along with Gon's assumption, I didn't get here by boat but...
He reassured Gon with a simple "it's alright."

-

Contrary to what Gon believed before he set out on his endeavor, hooking the king of the swamp was much more arduous than he thought. It's been hours since then, and the sunlight was starting to diminish, yet there hasn't been a successful bite. Much than that, he was starting to feel sorry for holding the stranger he had met for so long, they probably assumed that he was going to go casually fishing for dinner.

"Hehe, sorry..." He looked back at the stranger sitting behind him with a face that expressed his guilt. "It's starting to get late now, Aunt Mito is going to wonder where I am."

Gon stood up from his spot, "You should come over, there aren't any inns or staying places here on Whale Island," and hopped down by each branch of the tree. Chosos did the same with one single jump.