Prologue Two: Together Forever

Two small hedgehogs run through a story book esc forest.

"Sonic! Wait up!" Amy called.

The speedy blue hedgehog darted up a tree and laid cockily on a branch. Amy eventually caught up and placed one hand on the trunk and the other on her knee allowing her to take a deep breath.

"S-Sonic!" Amy tiredly exclaimed. "T-That's not fair! You know you're...faster than I am!"

"All's fair in the realm of tag!" Sonic called back.

Amy threw her hands to her side in a pout and glared at the blue hedgehog. Sonic opened an eye and sighed before jumping down.

"Alright, alright I'm coming down! Just stop with that pouty face!"

Just as Sonic landed Amy gave a devilish smile before leaping on him.

"I gotcha!" yelled Amy.

"Argh alright you win! You win!" Sonic laughed. "Uh Amy? You're- choking- me!"

Amy released Sonic from her grip and put her hands to her hips.

"Maybe that'll teach you not to cheat on me!- I MEAN NOT THAT YOU WOULD DO THAT! SINCE LIKE WE'RE NOT LIKE YOU KNOW LIKE URM UH-"

Sonic just raised his brow obliviously and the two stood in an awkward silence.

"You good?" Sonic asked.

"Yeah. Yeah I'm fine." Amy blushed as she ran her hand through her quills.

"Look if it makes ya feel any better," Sonic raised his hands, one to his chest and other above his head. "I promise to never use my speed or totally awesome, kick-butt, abilities against you in game again. Cross my heart and to never eat a chili dog again."

Amy chuckled and gave Sonic a weak punch in the arm. "You're such a dork! Come on, let's get back to town. I'm sure everyone's waiting for us."

"Shall I escort thow home m'lady?" Sonic replied in a jokey manner as he lowered his head.

"I think I'd prefer a nice leisurely stroll if you don't mind?"

"Ughhhhhh but Aaaammyyy! That's sooo boring!" Sonic groaned.

"We've been running around all day. I think we'd be doing our legs a favor."

The two hedgehogs were locked in an intense stare off. Sonic's eyes began to itch and water swelled. It culminated with Sonic being the unfortunate first to blink. Amy sighed and merrily blinked.

"Oh thank goodness." Amy sighed. "I won't lie, you almost had that one!"

She tugged on Sonic's arm and the two walked off towards town. For the fact they had been off and about all day their walk back to town was only about fifteen minutes, but to Sonic it was an eternity. You see while they may be best friends, Sonic and Amy were very different. Sonic was fast, both literally and metaphorically. He didn't like to go slow and could be rather impatient at times while Amy was all for taking things slow and taking her sweet old time. However while they are different they are also very similar. They both have a love for adventure. I guess that could be why they clicked so well at such a young age. Soon enough the two brightly colored hedgehogs entered a small yet bustling town. Sonic and Amy stop and look towards their respective houses.