Chapter 3

"Can you attempt to redirect the pod and make sure it lands close to base?" Optimus asks Jazz.

"I will see what we can do." Jazz reassures.

They stand around the command center. After getting word on an escape pod that was hitting Earth's atmosphere, Sideswipe had to be sedated yet again. I wanted to stay with him, but they still didn't know I was in there. So, I followed Optimus out. So much is going on and I don't know where to look. Jazz said that it would be hours before the pod reaches Earth. I'm currently hiding behind some crates, watching everything unfold.

"I want all our tech guys helping guide this thing." Lennox orders, storming throughout the hangar.

That would be my cue. I head out into the open and hop on a computer. Our technology may not be as advanced as the Autobots, but the more the merrier. I log into the network and follow the orders. It doesn't take me long to see what Jazz sees. This is my actual job. It wasn't at first, but I knew computers and when they needed help. I jumped in and have been doing it ever since. I'm able to stay at the base as well. Not what I want to do, but I have no choice anymore. I have very little choices in life anymore. The signal gets locked on the pod and now we wait for the crash landing. Though that won't be for hours from now.

"Good job, guys. It will be a few hours before the pod arrives. Ratchet is getting the medical bay ready. Everyone must be prepared. We still don't know if it's Autobot or Decepticon in there." Lennox says over the crowd.

Soldiers start getting ready for the unknown. I keep watching the trajectory of the pod and it has me worried. If I'm looking at it correctly, I know where it's going to land. I can't leave right now. Others would get suspicious. I'll have to go when it gets closer, and everyone is more focused on that. I also don't want them to go to that spot. I work some magic and redirect the pod to land closer to base. I won't be the only on that will be able to figure out where it will land. Hopefully, I made it work and it will land closer to base, but only time will tell.

It's been awhile since new Autobots have showed up. Sideswipe and his crew were the last ones. I hope for Sideswipe's sake it is Sunstreaker in that pod. The way he was acting, I'd hate to see how he would react if his twin isn't in that pod. I decided to go check on him. Maybe Ratchet let him come out of stasis. I slide my chair back, turning my computer off for the moment and head out of the hanger. I walk into the medical bay, and it is quite busy. Not the usual quiet that Ratchet likes. I can hear him shouting out orders towards the back. I notice Sideswipe is still laying on the medical berth. I walk over and start to climb up.

"What are you doing?" I'm startled by the disgruntled voice behind me and fall back to the ground.

"I'm sorry. I probably should have asked first. I would like to see Sideswipe, if that's alright?" I ask as politely as I can.

"Since when do you have any concern for Sideswipe? For anyone? You are a loner from what I've seen." Ratchet says. It honestly hurts a bit to hear.

"I have concern for everyone here, Ratchet. I have my reasons for not getting close, but that doesn't mean I don't care." I start, glaring up at him, "Sideswipe and I talked last night and after seeing the fight earlier. I wanted to check up on him."

"I will be keeping him in stasis until the pod arrives. There is no need for you to be in here. I suggest you go make yourself useful elsewhere." He states before starting to walk away.

"Yes, sir." I say defeated.

"And Hart...I'm sorry for assuming." He says over his shoulder. His voice quiet, but reassuring.

He doesn't give me a chance to reply and he's back to shouting orders. I'm surprised he even knows my name. I do tend to keep to myself, but it did hurt to hear him say I don't care. I wonder if that's what they all think of me. Ratchet would be the only one that would actually say it out loud. Sideswipe is the only one I really interact with. I'm not even sure how or why he's taken a liking to me. I do as Ratchet says and leave. There is no real reason for me to stay.

The sun is starting to rise. I honestly don't know where the time went. The adrenaline from the fight and the pod is starting to wear off. Now everyone is just waiting. I have been keeping an eye on the pod and it will be here soon. A group is waiting to be sent out when it lands. Optimus, Jazz and Lennox keep going over how ready we need to be. Almost as if they are sure it's going to be a con that lands.

As the pod enters the atmosphere, I decide it's time to head out. I have to make sure my spot is safe. I can't let anything happen to that area. I tried to move the trajectory away from it, but I'm not sure it worked. It's quick and easy for me to get there with everyone distracted, no one noticed me disappear. With the sun rising, the area is just now starting to light up. I rush towards the edge, kicking dirt up behind me. The shadow of the palm tree laying right over the rock formation. I take a seat next to the old tree and wait for the pod.

After a few moments, I look up into the sky, I can see the pod. Fire is erupting around it as it fights through the ozone layers. All I can do is sit here and wait. As it gets closer the more worried I get. I'm biting my nails in anticipation. I can hear the whistling from high rate of speed as it falls. The heat is rising as it closes in. I'm standing now. My eyes going back and forth between the pod and the rocks below. Within seconds it crashes into the sand. It shakes the ground and dirt springs free from the ledge of the cliff. My feet give way and I fall.

I can't help but scream. It's all happening so fast. I don't have time to stop myself. Flashbacks rush into my mind. Something I never wanted to relive again. Before I am about to hit the ground a black servo reaches out, attempting to catch me. Unfortunately, I'm not expecting it and I phase right through it. The unsuspecting cybertronian gasps, watching me fall. I hit the ground, and the wind knocked out of me. I open my eyes after realizing they closed, and I'm covered in a shadow. A very large face is over me. It's bright blue optics wide in shock.

This bot with golden armor and fins on the sides of its head has just witnessed something no one was ever supposed to see. We both stare at each other for a moment. Then it's like something clicked. I take my eyes off them and look the other way. There's a little more sand flown over the rock formation, but otherwise intact. I quickly stand up, brushing off the sand. I look back up at the cybertronian who is watching me intently.

I point a finger up to him and say, "You want to go north. I'm sure the Autobots are already on their way. You never saw me."

Not waiting for a reply. I vanish into thin air.