"Watch closely, I can promise, I'm not one to disappoint."

I made my way to the Slytherin table. Malfoy was giving me a pleased smile as I walked by. This was perfect. I'd be able to establish a better relationship with him considering we'd be house mates.
I sat about five people away from him. I wanted to peek his curiosity but subtly.

"I think some introductions are in order." A boy next to me grabbed my attention. " I'm Theodore Nott. It's not everyday you see a pure blood from a Gryffindor family placed in Slytherin." He gave me a small wink as he shook my hand. "Not in the slightest " a boy across from us chimed in. "You can call me Blaise Zambini. Don't be fooled, Theo is the biggest flirt, if I ever met one. I don't think he can help it honestly." 

These two must have known one another for quite sometime to have such flawless banter I thought as I chuckled to myself at the sight.
Theo continued to tease " well it's not my fault you have about as much charisma as a paper bag."
" Oi!" Blaise snapped back. I then was distracted by a boy sat quietly next to Blaise chucking to himself while looking down at his food. "And who might he be?" I asked.

"Blaise looked over, "ah , this is Mattheo Riddle." The boy looked up at me and smiled , "Pleasure to meet you Ms. Sallow." His eyes were so curious. He didn't seem like the other two who were playful and loud. He seemed more aware and observant .
I felt a light tap on my shoulder from the girl to my right.

"They're all  knobheads if you ask me" she whispered with a smile. " I'm Pansy Parkinson. You seem to attract a lot of attention" as her eyes gestured slightly to Malfoy who was staring silently at us while we talked. " yeah, yeah- " Theo pitched , "of course she's going to attract attention looking like that!"
"Don't you mean because her dads the best Auror at the ministry right now?" Said Blaise.

The boys went on and on, but were clueless as to what Pansy actually was referring to. I directed my attention back to her.
"Y/n Sallow. Glad to meet you"
"Interesting how you walked up to him like that before the ceremony." She said while looking back down at the plate in front of her.
"Felt like a ripe time to introduce myself, what can I say"
"Hmm... " she looked at me with a promising grin. " you're definitely in the right house. I can tell we're going to be great friends."

After a bit more chatting I overheard Ron and Harry at the Gryffindor table. "There isn't a witch or wizard that's gone bad that haven't been placed in Slytherin." I turned around to see them both looking at me again. I was confused. We all seemed to get along just fine on the train. As soon as I get sorted suddenly it felt like they looked down on me.

The headmaster stood up and calmly gathered everyone's attention. "Would the prefects please escort their houses back to their dooms." We the all stood up and flooded out of the great hall.

We made our way to the dorms, finding ourselves at a particularly strange staircase. "This is the most direct path down to the dormitories." A prefect announced. "Quickly everyone, keep an eye out, the stairs like to change. You might get lost"