A New Beginning

*3rd Person POV*

Hajime fumbled with his keys as he unlocked the door to his new dorm room. He picked up his bags and pulled his suitcase into the room with him, shutting the door with his foot. He set down his things and admired the dorm. It was quite spacious and had a few rooms. There was a kitchen-living room combination with a small laundry closet. There was also a bedroom with two beds, two desks, and two chests of drawers, with a bathroom attached. 

"Wow, I guess this makes up for having to have a roommate." Hajime said to himself. When he was first accepted into Hope's Peak University, he couldn't believe it. It was a prestigious collage with government funded, state-of-the-art facilities, and only the best of the best got in. If he was being honest, Hajime Hinata didn't think he deserved to be here. He was incredibly, inexplicably, absolutely, and utterly average, but he must have done something right to be accepted into the prestigious university. That thought gave him a little hope.

When he arrived on campus a week ago for the tour, the guide explained to them how the campus functioned and gave them all a few tips about collage life. He also explained that they would each have a roommate during their stay in the dorms, and that they would do well to make friends with them as soon as possible.

Speaking of which, where was that roommate? Hajime thought that he should be here by now. Just like he had summoned him, a boy stumbled through the door. The boxes he was carrying tumbled out of his hands and his belongings scattered over the floor. He pushed his fluffy white hair off his forehead, and was he drenched? He was, he was sopping wet from head to toe.

"Are you ok?" Hajime asked, rushing over to help the poor boy. He knelt down next to him and tried to help him pick up some of the strewn items.

"Yeah, I'm fine." The boy said, in a somewhat airy yet raspy voice. "I'm sorry to have made such a bad impression! I truly am the worst huh? Stumbling through the door and dropping all my things, you must think I'm a klutz. I even got splashed when a truck drove through one of the puddles from the rain earlier today. haha ha haha." He rambled on, ending it all with an awkward laugh.

<<Wow. That was a lot>> was all that went through Hajime's head as he finished picking up the boy's stuff. <<Well now I know why he's wet.>> Was the boy still talking? Hajime realized he had been a little zoned out and returned his attention to the conversation.

"Ah, but how rude of me ramble on like this, I haven't even introduced myself yet." The boy smiled, in an embarrassed manor, "I'm Nagito Komaeda."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Hajime Hinata." He said with a smile, "Do you want to change or something? You're completely soaked, I wouldn't want you to get a cold or something." He rubbed the back of his neck with his right hand, a fidget he did whenever he was nervous or uncomfortable.

"Wow how kind of you! You treat someone like me as an equal! How could I ever be so lucky?" Nagito smiled and took a change of clothes and wandered off to go look for the bathroom so he could change. Hajime looked at the now re-packed boxes. He picked them up and moved them to the bedroom and set them at the foot of one of the beds. He went to the door and locked it. He didn't have a reason to do this, but it made him feel safe, and it offered some sense of security.

He turned and surveyed the dorm one more time, taking it all in before heading back to the bedroom. He sat down on a bed. The bed was actually quite comfortable and Hinata let himself lay down and sink into the bed.

Collage is going to be...interesting.

And that was his final thought before his head it the pillow.