Nine School Competition Part 4

Earlier that Night

"Right, I'll be heading out now." Tatsuya said.

"Good job." Isori said as Tatsuya exited the technical staff bus and head into the hotel but stop when he sensed something, he turns and sensed three thieves.

'Three of them....' Tatsuya thought then sensed Mikihiko, 'That's....' He thought then, 'I might as well help.' He thought as he started running towards the thieves as Mikihiko throws three tailsmans.

'That won't get there in time.' Tatsuya thought as he destroyed the thieves weapons as Mikihiko's tailsmans activated releasing lightning down the thieves electrocuting them and knocking them out as Mikihiko jumped over the bushes.

"Who's there?" Mikihiko asked, 'Who was it that came to my aid?' He thought as Tatsuya walked up to him.

"Mikihiko, it's me." Tatsuya said.

"Tatsuya?" Mikihiko asked then Tatsuya checked the thieves for pulse.

"Not dead." Tatsuya said, "That was masterful!" He said, "From a blind position, you neutralized your targets in one shot, without fatally wounding them." He said, "That's the best possible outcome." He said.

"But if you hadn't come to my aid, I would've been shot." Mikihiko said.

"It's just a hypothesis." Tatsuya said, "You've successfully captured these intruders with your magic." He said, " That's the only fact that matters." He said, "Mikihiko, just what do you really envision yourself to be?" He asked.

"Well, I...." Mikihiko said.

"No matter how many you're up against, no matter how skilled they are, you can defeat them without any help from anyone." Tatsuya said, "Don't tell me you're biasing your actions on a notion like that." He said then Mikihiko gave him an upset expression.

"Even if I told you, you wouldn't understand." Mikihiko said, "There's nothing I can do about it anymore." He said.

"Actually, there might be a way." Tatsuya said, "Mikihiko, isn't it your casting speed that you're concerned about?" He said.

"Did you get that from Erika?" Mikihiko asked.

"No." Tatsuya said.

"Then how did you know?" Mikihiko asked.

"There are too many superfluous components to your spell." Tatsuya said.

"What did you say?" Mikihiko asked.

"It's not a question of your talent." Tatsuya said, "What I said was that the problem is the spells themselves." He said.

"My spells are the result of years and years of Yoshida family's relentless refinements!" Mikihiko said, "You've only seen them once or twice, so who are you to....?" He asked.

"But I can tell." Tatsuya said, "Just by seeing them, I can read the content of an activation sequence and analyze the mai sequence." He said.

"No way can you do that...." Mikihiko said.

"I don't need to force you to believe me." Tatsuya said.

"Anyway you should go and call the security just in case." Tatsuya said, "I'll stay on guard here till that time." He said.

"Oh sure." Mikihiko said as he left.