sleepless

a/n: mentions of blood, killing and spoilers of the sun and the star

will opened the door to hades's cabin to see nico standing there crying.

sobs racked his frail body, shivering and shaking from the amount of tears he shed. will rushed to nico, a concerned look painting his features.

"nico, sweetheart, tell me what's wrong," will whispered gently, hugging nico, trying to give him some warmth.

nico didn't answer.

instead he continued bawling, grasping onto will, not letting go and occasionally babbling incoherent things Will couldn't make out. they fell to their knees.

"pumpkin, i can't help you if i don't know what's wrong. tell me, baby." will coaxed, trying to get a few words from nico.

nico sniffled, his intense sobbing dawning down to sniffling and hiccups.

"you were gone. i killed you. i dreamt that we were back in tartarus, and i got angry and i killed you. with my bare hands. i was strangling you, and kicking you, and doing every violent thing imaginable. i woke up, all sweaty, and you weren't next to me, i thought... i thought you were dead." nico whispered, voice trembling and cracking, hands shaky.

will kissed the top of nico's head, leaving his lips there for a few minutes, before pulling away.

"nico, darlin'... look at me," will whispered, turning nico's chin gently towards him. "i won't ever leave you. ever. i swear it on the styx." thunder rumbled in the distance, signalling the promise had been noted.

"WILL!! you can't just say that. you'll be cursed if you break that promise." nico audibly gasped.

"i'm not gonna break the promise," will raised an eyebrow. "i'm intending to stick with you forever. you can't get rid of me that easily."

nico smiled.

will was right. they'd been through so much, it was pointless to be one without the other. they'd get through it all.

together.