50. Aarnav/Aadhya

Aarnav

"What have you done to her?" Her mom asked angrily.

"I did not do anything someone else did." I said.

"Who?"

I told her everything in detail.

"My daughter was targeted by your enemies, she was in danger because of you."

"It's not like that...."

"Don't give me any explanation first your father ruined us and now you are putting my only daughter's life in danger."

"What did my dad do?"

She remained silent with tears in her eyes.

"What did he do? Why did you had her hypnotized?" I asked again.

"How do you know she was hypnotized?"

"Choti Maa told me but she don't know the reason either."

"Your dad tortured us for something my husband did... He didn't even think once that my daughter was a child too just like Reena."

"Tortured?"

"After my husband went missing he came looking for us in our city. He kept asking me where was my husband and I kept telling him that I had no idea which was true. In the end he angrily took away Aadhya from me and kept her in a separate room divided by a gate like the one in jails, I could see her but can't touch her. He kept us hungry for four days and Aadhya was so weak she had to be kept on ventilator. He took away all our properties and We had to live in slums. When my husband was there I didn't had to go for work but after all that happened I had to find something so I started working as a maid but since I had a good qualification I got a job as a teacher."

I couldn't believe her words. My Dad who loved her daughter more than anything was about to kill someone else's daughter for something her dad did. I realized I was just like him, even I blamed her for something she did not do. She was a child for God sake Aarnav how could you think like that about her. The only difference was I didn't revenge on her I just left her in silence.

"I am so sorry for what my Dad did but trust me I am nothing like him, I would never hurt Aadhya. I want to protect her forever." I said.

"Words don't impress me beta and just to be clear I love Aadhya just how you love your sister, actually more than that. You will have to leave now I can't risk my daughter's life for people like you who just think about themselves." She said pointing towards the door.

"Just listen to me once..."

"I said leave." She shouted.

I refused to leave and fell on my knees to touch her feet.

"Please don't do this to me, I can't live without her. I can't love her like you do but I know this much that I love her to such an extent, I can die for her and I can also kill for her but I can never hurt her. I am willing to do anything to get her, take away all I have torture me to take revenge but don't take her away from me, I'll die without her. I promise you that I will always keep her happy and if I fail to do so, you have the rights to shoot me at that very moment because my life would be meaningless without her smile, without her around me. Please just one chance, I beg to you Aushi." I said crying loudly and breathing heavily.

I had started coughing and my nose was bleeding I don't know why. The blood and tears were falling on her feet.

She picked me up by my shoulders and kept looking at me for few seconds. She didn't say anything but just hugged me tight.