Part - 15

After a week, Jennie announced that she had married and became Mrs. Jennie Park. Her father-in-law, Mr. Park, supported her announcement using all his influence. Some people suspected that Jennie had an affair with Lalisa Manoban, but they didn't speak out of fear of Mr. Park. People visited the mansion and the Park building to congratulate the couple and wish them the best.

Jennie was happy but also sad because she wasn't sure if Chaeyoung knew about her announcement. She felt lonely because she had only seen him a few times that week. He would return home late at night, and leave early in the morning, and his whereabouts during the day were unknown.

Jennie is desperate to regain the attention of a man who no longer seems interested in her. Alice, her friend, suggests that she should pack him lunch and send him a gift to his office to get his attention. Alice also comments about the stereotype that beautiful women's intelligence is often underestimated.

Jennie took the advice and prepared food for him. As she entered the office, everyone greeted her politely. Her indifferent aura, white skin, and adorable figure always caught anyone's eye. She has a small body, yet so curvy. However, she was the president's wife, and it was forbidden for anyone to stare at her deeply.

The receptionist escorted her directly to Chaeyoung's room. He was in a meeting, so she sat on a sofa inside. The interior looked the same as when he showed her a few months ago during a video call. As she sighed, she thought about how quickly things had changed between them.

Suddenly, she heard a rough voice and turned to see who it was. "What are you doing here?" the voice demanded.

Before arriving here, she felt confident. However, upon seeing his face, she knew that he was not happy to see her at all.

"I brought lunch for you," she said, but he only nodded and avoided looking at her. She could see him pick up his phone and then put it back down. She wanted to start a conversation but didn't know how. She decided to take a tutorial on YouTube to learn how to speak with people in any situation possible.

"If you have nothing more to say, then you can leave."

Jennie smiled, but her expression held a tinge of sadness. "Don't you enjoy spending time with me anymore?" she asked.

"I have works to do."

"Okay. Then I won't disturb you anymore. Umm, won't you please show me the way to the door?"

Chaeyoung didn't argue; he got up from his seat and opened the door for her. Jennie took the opportunity to hug him.
"I miss you Chaeyoung."

She didn't give him a chance to complain. She released him and kissed his cheek. "Work hard and try to return early. I'll be waiting for you, hubby." She smiled with sparkling eyes and left.

That night Chaeyoung returned early and saw Jennie was waiting for him on the sofa. This sight could move his heart but now was meaningless. 

"I mentioned that you don't have to wait for me."

"I told you that I'll wait," she said as she hugged his arm.

He slowly let go of her arm and took a few steps back.
"You don't need to bring me lunch anymore. There's a canteen that provides healthy food," he said without looking at her.
"One more thing. You can do whatever you want, but if you're thinking of trying to win my heart again, please stop. I'm moving on."

"Will you not eat?" asked Jennie, ignoring his previous comment.

"He left without looking back."

Jennie struggled to understand why everything had suddenly become so difficult. She walked into her room and, as usual, it felt like a cold ocean of tears was pouring from her eyes. She cried until she couldn't bear it anymore, collapsing onto her bleak bed.

Finally, she got up. It felt like a dream that the door to the next room was unlocked. She entered slowly and looked at the figure lying on the bed. She nestled herself beside him. The moon's shine from the window illuminated his face. How peacefully he was sleeping!

Tears welled up in her eyes once again. She felt heartless and foolish. She hugged his body, curling up inside him and sniffing his chest.

"Chaeyoung, how long will you be cold to me? I don't know how you tolerated my coldness. But now, I feel like I am dying every moment you ignore me. You don't even look at my face anymore. Have I lost my beauty? Can't you forgive me? I know I hurt you deeply, but please keep your heart open for me. One day, I'll melt your heart, even if it takes my last breath."

They both slept in the same position all night. The next morning, Jennie woke up before him and quietly got out of bed, hoping to avoid angering him any further.

Jennie woke up earlier than usual and found herself with nothing to do. She opened her laptop and began searching for ways to get back with her husband on Google.

Jennie learned from Google that looking good and serving tasty food are easy ways to win people's hearts. With regular training from Mrs. Park, her cooking skills had already improved. She smiled, thinking about this.