Chapter 21 - All is Great

Saturday, 8th September 2001

Draco Malfoy entered Pansy's birthday party accompanied by Blaise Zabini. The vibrant atmosphere was immediately felt as they were greeted by the celebratory ambiance. Blaise couldn't resist stealing a kiss from Pansy, earning a laugh from Draco.

"Happy birthday, Pans," Draco greeted with a grin, handing her a small gift.

"Thank you, Draco! Enjoy the party!" Pansy replied, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

As Draco scanned the crowd for Hermione, he couldn't find her amidst the guests. Pansy, noticing Draco's search, approached him.

"Relax, Draco. She hasn't arrived yet. Take a drink and cool down," Pansy suggested, offering him a glass.

Draco took a sip, still eager to catch a glimpse of Hermione. Meanwhile, at the entrance, Hermione Granger made her grand entrance. The gown Draco had bought for her gracefully adorned her figure, and around her neck was the locket he had given her years ago.

Spotting Hermione, Draco couldn't help but smile. Excusing himself from Pansy, he made his way through the crowd, his eyes locked on the woman who had managed to captivate his heart. The room seemed to fade away as he approached her, and a sense of familiarity and warmth washed over him.

"You look stunning, Stella Clarissima" Draco greeted, his voice filled with a mix of joy and relief.

Hermione chuckled, replying, "You're not bad yourself, Mr. Malfoy," her laughter lightening the air, as if the past misunderstandings were mere shadows.

As the laughter faded, Hermione's expression turned serious. "There's something I need to tell you. Can we go somewhere else?" she asked. Draco nodded in agreement, and they retreated to a more secluded spot on the mansion.

On the elegant balcony of Parkinson Mansion, surrounded by the subtle hum of the party behind them, Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger shared a moment of quiet conversation.

"Your mother came to me," Hermione began, watching Draco's face for any reaction.

His expression quickly shifted from curiosity to anger. "What did she say to you?" he demanded.

"Draco, you need to come home," Hermione stated, her voice steady.

"No, I don't," Draco retorted, crossing his arms defiantly.

"She said she gave you her blessing," Hermione continued, her eyes softening. "A blessing for you to choose whoever you think is worth fighting for."

Draco was taken aback by this unexpected revelation. His features softened as he absorbed the words. "Hermione... about Thea," he started, searching for the right words.

"You don't need to explain, I understand," Hermione interrupted, a compassionate look in her eyes.

"There's nothing... no one... except you," Draco confessed, a vulnerability in his gaze.

"Draco, I love you," Hermione declared, the sincerity of her words resonating in the quiet night. The weight of unspoken sentiments lifted, and for a moment, it felt as if time stood still on that balcony.

Driven by the intensity of the moment, Draco moved closer, capturing Hermione's lips in a passionate kiss. After a while, he pulled back, his eyes locked with hers. "Can we start over?" he asked, a hopeful tone in his voice.

Hermione nodded, a smile forming on her lips. "I love you so much, Hermione," he said, her laughter echoing in the night.

Draco grinned, feeling a newfound warmth. "So, we're good now?" he asked, seeking reassurance.

Hermione nodded again, her eyes filled with affection. "All is great." In that moment, any lingering doubts or uncertainties seemed to dissolve, leaving only the promise of a new beginning for Draco and Hermione.

——————

THE END