Chapter 11 - Relieved

26th August 2001

Hermione beamed with satisfaction as she successfully introduced her twin sister, Thea, to the Weasley family. She had anticipated Mrs. Weasley's reaction to be less than enthusiastic, but to her surprise, Mrs. Weasley had listened intently to every word. The moment she noticed tears welling up in Mrs. Weasley's eyes, Hermione halted her explanation. However, Mrs. Weasley walked over and embraced both Hermione and Thea, affirming their newfound connection as part of the family. Brunch followed, and this time, Hermione felt a genuine sense of belonging.

After the meal, Harry seized her arm and led her to the Weasley's garden, where Ron awaited them. Once outside, Harry released her wrist and posed a question that left her and Ron puzzled.

"What do you think of me and Ginny?" Harry inquired.

Furrowing her eyebrows, Hermione replied, "I think you two are a very happy couple."

"Yeah mate, I think you two are a very happy couple, and thank you for that, for taking care of my sister," Ron added.

Harry's nervous demeanor became apparent as he voiced concerns about their age. Ron and Hermione exchanged confused glances.

"Calm down, Harry," Hermione reassured him.

"Yeah mate, why are you so nervous?" Ron asked.

"I think I'll do it... I'll do it tonight."

"Do what?" Ron and Hermione queried simultaneously.

Harry produced a small box from his pocket, leaving Hermione stunned. It contained a beautiful princess-cut diamond ring – a classic piece.

"Oh my God..." Hermione covered her mouth, and Ron's jaw dropped.

Handing the box to Hermione, Harry asked, "Do you think she'll say yes?"

"Of course she will, of course..." Hermione handed the box to Ron. "Oh my God... Congratulations." She hugged him briefly before stepping back.

"You're seriously going to propose to Ginny? Today?" Ron's eyes widened.

Harry nodded, "Yeah, I think I will."

"You'll be my brother-in-law!" Ron hugged him, expressing his excitement.

"Yeah, but... what if... what if she says no?"

"Don't worry, she'll say yes. You've been her crush since she was 11... I know she'll say yes," Ron assured him, handing the box back to Harry.

Overwhelmed with joy, Hermione wiped away happy tears from her eyes. She was about to express her happiness when Ron revealed an unexpected revelation.

"You're happy because I'm going to propose to your best friend, or because you and ferret are dating now?" Harry teased, putting the box back into his pocket.

"How did you—Ginny!"

"You and Draco? You and Draco are dating?" Ron's eyes widened. He took something out of his pocket and handed it to Harry.

Harry counted the Galleons in front of them, "1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 5 Galleons, thanks." He grinned at Ron.

"You bet on us? Really?" Hermione shook her head in disbelief.

"Don't be mad, Hermione. It's just... I didn't think you'd want to date him. And, in my defense, it was Harry's idea to bet on you two," Ron explained.

Hermione glanced at Harry, who was now laughing. "What? I like him now, and I sense something going on between you two. I like seeing you happy like this. That's why I bet you and Draco would date one day. But I swear, if he hurts you... I swear he'll be dead."