Chapter 83. The Best Son-in-law Award goes to....

Today we will visit my parents

Yibo is at work. I'll pick him up and drive his car to my family home. Haikuan will leave him to me and go to the agency. That's the arrangement.

So, when it was time, I pinged Yibo and went out. I took a taxi and reached where he said he would be.

It's a shopping mall front. I thought he may had some work here. But...when I saw him with a whole bunch of bags, I thought I might faint.

"What are all these?" I ask.

"I'm now their son-in-law-to-be. As I'm going to ask them a big thing, I should bring gifts, right?"

"Eh.. yeah....but.. isn't it too much? What are these?"

"I wasn't sure what to buy so I just brought anything I feel like.
Um, there are some clothes, cosmetics, dry fruits, ornaments, little daily stuff and some sweets. Is that okay? Shall I add more? Is there anything they prefer? Oh, I already ordered a bouquet, I'll pick it up on my way." He said almost in one breath.

"This is more than enough. They don't need anything at all. Let's go. They already called me twice."

"Ok, help me to put this stuff in the car."

"Give me."

Haikuan called a cab and said us goodbye. I found he was also carrying some bags and flowers. I ask Yibo about it while we sit inside the car.

Yibo - "Oh those are gifts from work. Remember I was in a photoshoot when my father was admitted to hospital?"

I nod.

Yibo continues, "I stay with the crew a little after my shoot is done. Generally, fans send food and stuff for all. Or sometimes a food van from friends or colleagues. So I need to distribute and also sometimes we had some talk. But that day I left as soon as I was done. And I told them that my father was in that state. They showed concern and helped me to leave immediately.
Later, they sent an email saying thanks for valuing their efforts and finished the shoot even in urgency. They send stuff for my parents and some for the agency.

"Wow. It's so nice of them." I say.

"Yea. But I couldn't even do the shoot at that state, If I hadn't talked to you. I felt relieved when I heard your voice assuring me. I knew you could do everything for them that I wished to do. I wouldn't have reached faster even if I abandoned the work."