Preview

A/N: yooo!! I don't really know how to call this chapter, but it's kinda like an intro to the world and everything. Anyways... enjoy!

I lied on the floor, unable to move from the debris that covered my body. All I could see was the piles of bodies on the road next to me.

"NAVI!! NAVI, WHERE ARE YOU!!??" I heard a familiar voice. "M- Mitra..?" I said, my voice weak. Thank GOD my partner was still alive!

Mitra and I have been dating for a few years since the extermination. We met when i had just escaped from the apartment building after it collapsed.

"NAVI!!" Mitra yelled as they lifted the depri from my head, "You're alive!! Satan's ass, I thought you died!" I chuckled slightly.

"Just help me up already..." I said, coughing up some dark red goo. The extermination has infected me in such a way that my insides were melting into a red soup of death.

"Holy fu-..." Mitra mumbled before helping me up, "we gotta get you to safety!" They lifted me up and started running towards the place we resited in.

"Fuck me! There's an emberwood here!" Right... the emberwoods... the thing you turn into when the extermination virus doesn't kill you. Once the virus is in pure control of your brain and body you turn into a monster of no emotions and/or feelings.

"I- I think we can go towards the fields first..." I said before coughing up the red goo again, "it's a bit longer but we'll be fine..."

Mitra sighed, "Darling, look, we gotta get you to safety. You're infected! And I don't want you to turn into... that!" They chuckled as they pointed to the emberwood.

After a bit of silence, I heard a loud gunshot, the emberwood in front of us let out a screech and fell down to the ground.

"RUN! MITRA, NAVI, RUN! GO TO THE BASE!" we heard yelling and started running. "Thanks, Dexter!" Mitra laughed upon seeing their brother.

They weren't super close for a while before the extermination, but... after they lost their parents, they had no choice but to stick together.