Chapter 5: The purple liquid

"Fuuuuck..." I groaned, looking through the pile of notes and files that were lying in front of me. It was already an hour ago when I started looking into this so-called 'mistery beaker.'

"I am not fucking getting anywhere with this bullshit!" I coughed again, and a big glob of the dark red goo landed right next to the beaker. The fluid inside of the beaker made a gurgling noise, and a few bubbles started forming.

I grabbed the beaker, looking at the fluid inside. The color had changed quite a bit. It was..  darker and more red-ish. Still purple, just... red.

I looked around for a good second, trying to find anything to open the beaker. It wasn't a smart idea, but... I had to open this damn thing somehow.

After a good few moments, I found a small hammer. It wasn't ideal, but it was gonna go the job. I placed the beaker on a deep plate and gently started hitting the lid with the hammer.

The glass that supporded the lid started to crack and a purple fume started to escape the cracks, but I kept going.

Crack

Almost there...

Crack

Just once more...

CRACK

The whole beaker shattered right in front of me, the liquid going into the deep plate. A little bit of it splattered onto my hand.

It burned.

Like really burned

What if it was acid? What if this was a really bad idea!?

I started to panic and grabbed an old newspaper from the table, wiping away the drop of purple on my hand. I saw that it left a small, red mark.

I looked at the newspaper. It was slowly starting to evaporate. "WHAT THE FUCK!?" I screamed, dropping what was left of the newspaper onto the floor.

This wasn't real. It couldn't be.

What was this weird liquid?

A/n: Yay!!! New chapter!! Also I feel like this one is a bit long but sure. So yeah, I hope you enjoyed and I hope I didn't starve yall for too long XD