Chapter 1: Welcome to the Danceverse!

The sound of a girl blowing out her birthday candles can be heard as some adults applauded the birthday girl. Sara Bridget was now 16 years old and she was still adjusting to her new life living in New York City. Sara is your average teenager who love to follow the latest trends of celebrity gossip or fashion and her family. But her favorite thing to do is dance. 

"Happy birthday, Sara-kins!" Aunt Jeannette kissed her niece on the head with a smile. "I know this isn't our usual hangout spot, but we'll make it work in the Big Apple."

"Thanks auntie," Sara gave a seldom smile to her aunt. She was a cheerful teen (and still is) but moving to New York was a challenge for the young girl. Its been two weeks and things were  moving so fast. 

"Maybe this will cheer you up?" Uncle Colin reassured as he handed Sara his first present in a shape of a rectangle. "Happy birthday, kiddo."

The girl looked at the present with curiosity as everyone looked on enthusiastically for Sara to open her present. She slowly began unwrapping the paper to reveal--"Just Dance 2023!?" Sara gasped with glee, "I love it! But I thought it was sold out in stores everywhere."

"Well your aunt and I have a way round things." Colin chuckled with a wink.

"You know damn well, kids will get their hands on that game," A neighbor sighed and shook her head.    

"Tellme 'bout it," One neighbor replied back in his New York accent, "Mean, my girl wanted one before, but now with those big bang prices up we said 'Screw it, dog. We ain't buyin' that."

"And we know how much you love dancing--"

"Well, I--I mean, I kinda like dancing. You know...not often." Sara quickly cut-off her aunt, a little embarrassed of her talent. 

"Well who knows, maybe kids at your new school would love to see you dance." Jeannette smiled back. 

School....how could she forget? Moving to a new place in the city means adjusting to a new school, make new friends, and knowing how to live like the people in New York do. This made her feel nervous and it made her relive the moments where she had to say goodbye to her old friends back in Michigan. How is she gonna survive in a place filled with new incomings?

With the party coming to an end as the next door neighbors went home, Sara went up to her room, filled with her posters of various artist, her collection of squishmallows, and a dance mat in the middle of her TV which was stacked with all of the Just Dance DVD's (Just Dance 2014--2022). 

Dancing was all Sara could do, it made her feel safe. Escaping from the troubles of the world and making up her own moves. It was the only way she could express how she felt. Dancing in public wasn't her cup of tea, and if someone was trying to peek at her skills, she would make sure no one did. 

"Okay, Sara. Time to dance." The girl said to herself as she popped in the DVD of her game into her console device. 

***********************************

Through the video game, various bright colors swarmed the screen before taking us to the world of Just Dance. The whole universe of Just Dance is all connected to the Danceverse, each of its planets with vibrant yet different settlements, but nonetheless colorful in its own way. 

As we look around, different planets hold the home of the avatars, one of them Dancity is a vibrant city filled with coaches going about their daily lives, living in the moment, not to mention several dancers attending high school/university. 

Speaking of...a rectangular portal opens a blue-skinned man steps out alongside a flying discoball smiling happily. The man's appearance consist of his black hair tied in a thick braid, containing a thick alternating dark blue strand and tied with shiny golden threads. On top of his head is a golden crown with triangles on the surfaces, with two small hanging chains suspended by a small ring in the upper right spikes of the crown.