Luke Castellan x Reader - Unclaimed

For this one shot, you have been at camp for a few months, and have continued to be unclaimed. The time period is before Percy came to camp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another day had come and gone. You were still unclaimed, still unwanted. How could this have happened? You worked so hard every day, being one of the best warriors in camp and often helping in big decisions. You were well known and liked, and your best friend is Luke Castellan himself. You knew the Gods were busy, but was your parent too busy to care about you?

These thoughts swirled through your head as you helped a new camper find the Aphrodite cabin. He was young, and his eyes glimmered with such a hope you pitied him.

Being a demigod, no one lasted long.

"Do you think my mom's abilities will help me through college?" He asked excitedly.

You look at him, pondering. Should you tell him the truth.

"Of course, kid," Luke replies, ruffling his hair. The kid jumps excitedly, before entering his cabin.

"You always manage to show up at the right time." You say, smiling at him.

"I sensed distress, and my damsel should never be in distress," he said, taking your hand and gently kissing it.

"Oh, please," you laugh.

"Hey, Y/N?" Luke asks as you both start the walk back to your cabin.

"Yes, Luke?" You ask. You both walk close to each other, so close you swear you can hear his heartbeat. You just wish you were closer.

"Do you trust me?" He asks.

You stop and look at him, raising an eyebrow.

"What kind of question is that?" You ask, laughing slightly.

"One that needs to be answered." His voice has a hint of urgency, and you quickly catch on.

"Yes, Luke, I trust you." You say, looking into his eyes.

He seems to relax for a moment, before his posture becomes strict again. You knew him well enough to know that something is wrong. His fingers tap his thigh as he walks, and his eyes scan the horizon as if waiting for a miracle.

You didn't have to look at the horizon for that, your miracle was walking beside you.

Soon enough, you both made it to your cabin. 

"Wait here." he says. You obey, waiting patiently as he goes into the cabin and shuts the door.

Soon, he comes back out, a stern look upon his face.

"Follow me, Y/N, if you want to know." Luke says. His body language is stiff, as if he's holding a secret too big for his own weight. Yet, even with the weight he bares, he carries it as if it was nothing. Luke Castellan walked like a King amongst mere peasants, like a God amongst man. He walked with purpose and yet made it seem care free. He was flawless in your eyes, the scarring on his body adding to the soul you had grown close to. As he walked, you followed, as it had always been. You both walked for almost an hour in silence, into the forest. You admire the nature while still watching for monsters, a hand near your weapon at all times. 

Luke stops suddenly and looks back at you. His eyes widen for a moment, as if he wasn't expecting you to follow all this way.

"Through here," he gestures to the brush, "is a pond. This will change your life. Do you still trust me?"

If it was anyone else, you would have hesitated. If it was Luke, you would follow him to the end of the world.

"Luke, I trust you." You look him in the eyes. He looks back at you with an expression you can't quite read. He slowly walks to you and reaches out, then hesitates. He looks at you, and you nod. He gently cups your face, his thumb moving back and forth on your cheek. 

"I hope you trust me after this..." he whispers. His hand lingers on your cheek, before turning and clearing the bushes for you to walk through. You comply, coming out on the other side. The sight is beautiful. A peaceful pond with lotuses on top, giving the illusion of floating. your breath is caught in your throat. The brilliant sunset paints the sky with bright colors, and they reflect of the pond like a last grasp at glory.

"Gorgeous, isn't it?" Luke asks, walking next to you, "the view here reminds me of you. The calmness of the pond mixed with the fiery passion of the sun. Though I try to compare, nothing is even close to similar to you, Y/N. The sun is jealous of your beauty, the moon jealous of your shine. The stars that twinkle in the sky seem dim compared to your eyes. The lotuses on the pond are wilted compared to the purity of your being."

Your eyes widen, and you look at him. Your faces are inches apart, your eyes locked.

"I would give my skin to the woods if it meant I could kiss your lips only once." He whispers, grabbing your hand lightly and holding it, not too tight in case you wouldn't want to. 

"You don't have to do all that to kiss me," you whisper.

He leans in, and your lips connect. Kissing him felt as if everything was right in the world. It was dark and it was light in all the most beautiful ways. He slowly pulls you closer, wrapping his arms around your frame. He pulls away and takes a breath, closing his eyes and placing his forehead upon yours.

"Do you want to know why I brought you here, Y/N?" Luke continues to whisper, as if the echo of his voice could shatter the peace you both have in the moment.

You nod, waiting for him to continue.

"I know you're angry at the Gods. I know the world is unfair to you, unfair to me. The Gods have abandoned us, Y/N, and there needs to be a new king. I have a plan. Join me, Y/N, for a better world. You will have a place not only in my arms and in my heart, but a place next to my throne. A throne of your own, Y/N. Come with me, join my army, and together we can stop this injustice."

The world around you seemed to slow, as if the Gods had heard Luke talk and slow pace was your punishment. The words were trapped in your throat, and you were unsure of your answer.

Camp Half-Blood had been your home, had kept you safe. But was it really your home? You didn't even have your own bed. All those kids that needed a light, this could be it. The light, however, could cause darkness for your entire camp.

"Will you join me?" He whispers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Woah ! 

Comment if you want a part 2, and which side you will take ! I can do both choices if people are interested enough. As a writer, it is my job to give the people what they want. So, please let me know :)

Have a wonderful day/night !