CHAPTER FIVE

"SAI'EYLA!" TSIREYA CALLED OUT, "There you are! I should've known you would be here."

The Navi looked up from the ilu she was feeding as Tsireya neared on land. Sai'eyla was torso deep into the water doing her daily chores for today so she and Tuk could go out in the forest later.

Tsireya followed the girls into the water until she was right beside them.

"How'd you find me here?" Sai'eyla's eyebrows furrowed together, she wasn't in her normal feeding spot near her marui. She was on the other side of the village.

"Oh Ao'nung said—Hi Tuk—Ao'nung said you went this way." Tuk appeared from behind Sai'eyla's shadow to wave. She held another basket of fish that Sai'eyla definitely didn't bring just for her.

"Ao'nung." Sai'eyla deadpanned.

"Yes, Ao'nung. Anyway, I have a huge favor to ask you." Tsireya took hold of Sai'eyla's hand with a pleading look on her face.

"No."

"I haven't even asked."

"Last time you asked a favor of me I was forced to sit on Aru'lu's lap..." She shuddered at the thought of it and reminded herself why she never went to the silly parties the other navi's her age hosted.

"Ok—that wasn't my fault!" Tsireya laughed and held her hands up in surrender.

"Who's Aru'lu?" Tuk questioned with two narrow eyes. Sai'eyla could swear the girl was reading her thoughts and shuddered.

"A friend." She spoke up before Tsireya could utter any nonsense.

If it was possible—Tuk's eyes got even narrower. She didn't seem convinced but left it alone, she would have to bombard her best friend another time.

"I need you to help me teach the sullies how to ride."

"How to ride..?"

"The ilus. Our first session is today, and Ao'nung insists on bringing his friends." A sigh left Tsireya's mouth, "And you know that is a means for disaster. Besides this is a great way for you to meet the rest of the Sullies."

"I'm the only sully she needs." Tuk pouted and the other two girls laughed. Sai'eyla reached out to pat her head. "Don't worry Tuk, you'll always be my favorite."

Sai'eyla sent a wink which immediately knocked the pout off the smaller navi's face and after a few more nagging attempts she finally gave into Tsireya's wishes. Of couse she knew what a pain in the ass Ao'nung could be and suddenly she felt bad again.

--
The three of them left the water to head over to where the others were, Tuk followed along as Sai'eyla's assistant teacher. They reached the semi-shallow water where Kiri, Lo'ak Neteyam, Ao'nung, and his demons were located. Apparently Ao'nung had started to teach already while Tsireya had gone to get Sai'eyla.

"How's it going?" Tsireya inquired as they approached Ao'nung from behind. "Have they made progress? I brought Sai'eyla along to help."

"And Tuk!"

"Right- and Tuk,"

Ao'nung gave Sai'eyla a once-over with a raised brow, completely disregarding his sister for a second, "Didn't know you left your marui pod so often,"

"Why would you care anyway?" She tilted her head at him. "Sad you can't annoy me anymore?"

"I've been looking for you." He huffed and turned back around just in time to see Lo'ak get flung off the ilu. "Maybe if you weren't so busy hiding from me..."

"I don't hide from you," She sneered.

"Sure, let's say that, yeah?" Before Sai'eyla could backchat him again, Lo'ak tried to remount the ilu doing it completely wrong.