CHAPTER THIRTEEN

NETEYAM HAS NEVER BEEN more confused in his life. He has also never been so irritated before either, not even Lo'ak has managed to piss him off this badly before.

The source of his anger? Sai'eyla.

She's been ignoring him for the past week or so, he's lost count really, and her behavior is bothering him. Was it because he was bad at pleasing her? Or was this just a one time thing for her? Whatever it was he just wished she had clarified her motives before getting with him.

Because ever since that night, she's been on his mind. Neteyam probably hasn't gone a minute without thinking of her and the way she looked withering under his touch.

He watched like a predator as Sai'eyla held Tuk's hand and walked along the beach. They were collecting shells together like they did every other morning she was free, giggling and laughing about something he wish he knew.

"Sai'eyla look look! It's Aonung on the eeloo," His little sister pointed out jumping up and down when the other boy approached them on the shallow surface. Neteyam grit his teeth at the mention of the other boy.

Aonung was cool and all, but there was just something about him that irritated Neteyam. How he was the chiefs son yet such a bad example for their people he will never understand. He won't understand how he's so close with Sai'eyla either, they chat comfortably with each other having fun and joking yet she can't do that around him.

It's like she's always tense and aware of every move he takes, and the past week has confirmed that even more.

"Hi Tuk," Aonung laughed smiling at the younger girl as he got out of the water. His eyes quickly shift back onto Sai'eyla and he gives her a sly smile. "Hey you."

"What do you want Aonung?" Sai'eyla sighs exasperated already, not wanting to be in Aonungs annoying presence any longer than she should. "Chill, my mom wants to see you. It's important," he says and then leans in closer to whisper something into her ear.

His hands trail down her back and Neteyam can see the shiver of her body. It pissed him off.  "Eewwwwwww! Get off her! Sai'eyla is off limits." Tuk pushed Aonung with her best attempt, he doesn't move far but she's still able to knock him away.

"Oh really?"

"I am??"

"Yes! Remeber the bracelets I made for you at Aru'lu? Those were marriage bracelets!" Tuk fusses and Sai'eyla gapes at her, Aonung bursts out into laughter.

"Damn Sai', didn't know you were a married women," Aonung teases through his fit of laugher, he has to turn away so that Tuk doesn't say anything about it.

"Tuk! You married me off without my consent???" Sai'eyla does a faint gasp, playing along with Aonung.

Once Aonung fixes his composure he puts a serious look on his face, "How does she get a divorce. That's what it is right? The demon word?" He looks at her for confirmation and Sai'eyla nods shocked.

"I'm supposed you remembered! Tuk, how do I get a divorce." She bends down lowering herself on Tuk's level.

"No! You can't divorce! That's not navi! A union is a union." Tuk's protest cause Aonung to laugh again.

They continue to talk and joke around for a few more minutes until Tuk runs off back in the direction of the families marui, leaving Aonung to take Sai'eyla's hand and lead her away and back onto the ilu.

Neteyam's heart aches as he watches them go away but it quickly turns into another form of anger when Aonung winks at him.