Longing for something new

"Thank you guys for coming I have a very very important announcement to make!" Jordan says as he shakes a little nervously.

"Well yeah..we're in a conference room like we're getting called to the principal office" Darnell says as everyone laughs.

"Yes this better be good Jay this room is only booked for the next thirty minutes" Spencer says looking at his watch.

"Why am I the only women here?" I ask and everyone looks at me laughing.

"I'll get to that.." Jordan says

"Sorry! I'm late I had to leave Ryan with the nanny again" Chris barges in sitting next to me.

"Aww you should've brought him I haven't seen him in a while...." I say as Chris looks at me.

"You know he's trying to grow teeth now...I gotta pick you wanna see" Chris gushes as I nod.

"Uh hello people! We're here for me!" Jordan says and we all laugh at him.

"Ok ok let's give the real baby our full attention.." Darnell says in his baby voice while Jordan gets more annoyed shaking his head. We're all still laughing when Jordan pulls out a little black box which makes everyone freeze and I cover my mouth in happiness. "...Jay please tell me those are diamond earrings?" Darnell asks.

"Oh my god Jay are you for real?" I ask getting up excited going to hug him.

"Dead serious.." Jordan responds opening the ring box to ten carrot oval silver ring.

"Wow Jay! Congrats!" Spencer says hugging Jordan too.

"Really Jay? First Chris makes me an uncle at 25 and now your the first one out the group to get married? And we all know Spencer's next.." Darnell says rolling his eyes.

"Awww is D getting a little salty that his besties are moving on?" I joke nudging Darnell

"And you don't have to worry about me getting married anytime soon.." Spencer says and I look at him confused.

"I'm happy for you Jay.." Chris finally says.

"Thanks guys...the plan is a private dinner maybe in to do it this weekend" Jordan says

"Oh why not get Deena to cook and find a really romantic place in reserve it..and I can help with anything you need" I say as Jordan nods agreeing taking out his phone. "Oh and Jay one more thing.." he looks at me as I punch him in the arm.

"Ow! What was that for?" He asks

"That's for waiting so long to propose to my best friend!"

"Hey I was waiting for the right time.." he says rubbing his arm.

"..I mean five years is a long time Jay" Spencer chimes in laughing.

"Hey hey hey..I'm doing it now so that's all that matters.." he says as he leaves the conference room on the phone. I start to get my purse when Darnell stops me.

"...hold up liv..we actually have something to talk to you about" I look at him confused.

"Don't put me in this.." Spencer says sitting down on his laptop.

Darnell rolls his eyes shrugging. "...we uh want you to meet someone someone that we think you'll really like" Chris says vaguely

"Like a blind date?" I ask

"...well when you say it like that" Darnell starts.

"That's exactly what it is!" Spencer chimes in

"Yeah I don't think so.." I say shaking my head.