☙𝟏❧ 𝐑𝐞𝐝

413 words
AN: This is based off of the ending of the web series and relies on my theory so let me explain it:
the clip with red guy in the real world in ep 6 was him escaping the house Lesley has created for them, he's back into society but he's so traumatized that he doesn't let go. Duck survives as a walking corpse (Michael Afton) after ep 5 and tries to find red because he knows he was the one calling them, so duck is homeless and traumatized so lashes out at random civilians, the cops were called on him and he was sent to an insane asylum, yellow guy never escaped as in still living through to torture alone. :(

story starts at episode 5

Red Guy POV:
call the number I remember and to my relief, a familiar voice answers with
"Hello?"
It was the bird, I can tell by the annoyance and slight screech in his voice as he spoke. I open my mouth from underneath my thick layer of string and I am about to say something, but I can't find the words. How am I supposed to even get them out? I've lost my sense of direction and can't find my way back there, like I even was going to try to go back there if I could. So instead of saying something, I find myself breathing heavily into the red phone my sweat filled hand has a grip on, just then, the other end hung up. It makes me think, why am I even trying to get them out, it's not like I even know them very much, why am I wasting my time? They can find a way out themselves!

right?

Oh what am I thinking!? That's a terrible thought. I may not know them but I still care about them, we go on picnics and we play board games after all. These guys are great company, the only option for company for who knows how long but still, I'd like to think we have a bond. I hope it's reciprocated.

I call again but the same thing happens, I can't find the words and start to overthink, I hate myself for it.

I wonder what they're doing at this moment. After a few more time of call, don't say anything, hang up. I give up, I pick up my bag and walk away from the phone booth feeling my stomach in a twist, but it's hopeless.