Chapter - 2

-*-

Expectations & Shock

-*-

Siddharth's POV

My dad is a retired Captain in the Indian army, there's a lot of his expectations in our family too-Be it Siya or Me or Our Mother

But I always wanted to become a doctor just like my mother and dad being dad kinda disagreed with that because he wanted one of his children to go in the army and it's okay sometimes to not be able to fulfill your parents expectations because you know your passion, what you want for yourself and if you're determined to get something then the whole world will automatically help you in getting that thing....

"SIDDHARTH! COME DOWNSTAIRS FAST...", Mother yelled

I sighed knowing that it'll be another day of lecture and discussion which I always avoided but I still went downstairs as i side hugged siya and mother and bend down to touch my father's feet.

"Stay blessed always and hopefully you change your mind about being a doctor", Father said making my jaw clenched

"Raghuveer ji c'mon don't put pressure on our son, he's capable of taking his own decisions", Mother looked at me with a guilty face.

"I know Meera ji, but it's just that I want to see not both but at least one of my children going on the same step as me in the case of career.", He sighed

"Raghuveer ji they are Our kids you know right?", Mother looked hurt by father's statement.

Before the matter could go any worse, I stepped in finally and told my father,
"Father..Why don't we make a compromise? If I pass my final exams and stay out of any problems in the college for a year, you won't stop me from following my passion or if I don't then so I'll do whatever you say..."

"SIDDHARTH/BHAI!", Both Meera and Siya exclaimed hearing His words..

"Relax guys, i know what I said...and I'll eat in the cafeteria", I mumbled without even looking at them as I made my way towards the exit of the house because i can't stay in front of that man who is my father, who doubted my capability.

After 2 hours of driving I reached my college..

"St. Jones University"

The prestigious college which used to be owned by my grandpa but after his demise, My dear father became the new owner. I still remember the day when he told me that-its compulsory to attend this college only-why?

1.) If i didn't attend then he'll send siya to the army instead of me, far away from us and he won't let us meet her or talk to her while we all know how sensitive she is.

2.) No matter how much my father loves my mother but he's ready to even shut down her hospital, if I don't attend this college or still being stubborn with my decision.

3.) Today I myself gave him one more option that if i don't attend the college, got failed and found in any kind of problem than he'll send me to the army

I can't deny that he's a cunning man..i hate him..but i do respect him...

Suddenly my friends came out of nowhere and jumped on me as we all laughed while falling down on the ground except the one standing in front of us.