Secret identity pt:1

Two weeks after the dinner

Peter woke up to the sun shining into his window, he rolled over with a groan before his alarm went off, signaling him to get up. He got up with a yawn, he distantly heard the city waking up with him, the cars driving on his street, to the alarm clocks and the loud yawns of his neighbors. He dragged himself to his bathroom to shower and do his morning routine, which consisted of a burning hot shower and a small skin care routine all while blasting Rihanna. Once he finished his routine he made his way to his bedroom to get dressed and headed to his kitchen to make some bagels before rushing out the door realizing he was late. He made his way to his car and got on the road.

While he was driving Natasha called him, he answered and connected it to his car. "Hey, Pete, how you feelin' about tonight?" Natasha said "Hey, Nat, I'm pretty nervous, but I'm feeling pretty good about it." turning on the street right in front of his work building. "Well that's pretty normal, I'm glad you're telling them." "Yea, me too, I don't know how they're going to take it." "I'm sure they'll be okay with  it, They've been wanting to recruit you for forever anyways" "yeah, I know, anyways i'm about to head into work now so i'll call you after i talk to them later tonight" Peter said entering his buildings parking lot."Ok, talk to you later, Wanda says good luck" Natasha said and then hung up.

Seven hours. Seven hours until he had to meet with the Avengers at their hotel and tell them something he never wanted to. He quickly parked and gathered his laptop and headed into the lobby of the building. When he arrived into the lobby he quickly nodded at the receptionist and made his way to the elevator. As he arrived on his floor, he was met with the blinding smile of his very own assistant, Miles Morales. "Why are you so happy today?" Peter questioned stepping out of the elevator. "Oh nothing, just really happy to see my favorite boss in the whole wide world," Miles said, walking with Peter to his office, handing him his coffee. "Mhm sure, who's in my office?" Peter with a quirk of his eyebrow. "The Avengers" Miles said with an awkward smile "oh" Peter said just imagining the possibilities

Peter wouldn't say he didn't want to talk to the Avengers but he has been kind of avoiding them since the dinner, only because he didn't want to tell himself the truth, he didn't want to admit to himself that he has some type of feelings for the group, as he remembered the words from Natasha earlier he  gained enough confidence to down all of his coffee and walk into his office, without a care in the world. As soon as he walked into his office he was met with the smiling faces of Steve,Tony, Clint, Sam ,Bucky, Bruce, Thor, and vision. "Hey, Pete" Clint said as Peter walked to his desk. "Hey, guys, how can I help you?" Peter asked, sitting down in his chair. "Oh nothing really, just wanted to see our favorite ex-assistant" Bucky said with a smirk. Peter would be lying if he said his knees didn't feel a little weak seeing all these attractive men all here to see him. "No seriously guys, what can I help you with?" Peter said, chuckling "we just wanted to have lunch with you and your boss told us to be here most of the day anyways" Tony said with a smile. "Oh, ok, I will say I don't really have any free time to hang out with you guys until lunch.
You are free to stay in my office until lunch, if you guys want" Peter said, shrugging his shoulders, turning on his laptop. "That's fine, we'll just let you work in peace," Bruce said with a smile similar to Tony's.

Peter got to work sending emails to Pepper and other coworkers before someone finally spoke up. "How's work coming along pete?" Clint said and when Peter looked up from his laptop he noticed that all of the avengers were staring into his soul. He shivered and responded the best he could. "It's definitely coming, I didn't realize how time consuming emails were before i started this job" He said leaning back into his chair, just as he did that miles decided it was the perfect time to knock on his door.

The only way he knew it was miles is because he memorized his breathing pattern, definitely a spiderman habit for sure. " Come in" Miles opened the door tentatively and walked in with a small smoothie and handed Peter a small file, sending a curt nod to the Avengers and walking right back out the way he came in. Peter could tell that Miles was a bit intimidated by the Avengers presence and the way he quickly entered and left the room, usually he would talk Peter up and wouldn't leave until Peter asked him to fetch something for him.

Eventually lunch came sooner than he wished it would, Tony offered to have something delivered for them but Peter declined insisting that he'd rather have someone send something up from the cafeteria. Just as he was about to call Miles in his office to have that arranged he got a call from wade