Chapter 8

Unknown's Pov

*They're speaking Spanish*

"¿Por qué tengo que ir?"(Why do I have to go?)

"Cariño, sabemos que no te gustan mucho los primos mayores y algunos de los hijos de O'Sullivan, pero esta es una reunión importante para nuestras tres mafias y tu abuela estará allí." (Sweetie, we know that you don't like older cousin that much along with some of the O'Sullivan's children, but this is an important meeting for all three of our Mafias and your grandmother will be there as well.)

Thinking about what my mother said and the thought of my crazy yet loving grandmother, I sighed and agreed to go to my uncle's house in Mexico.

"¿Cuándo salimos para la reunión, madre?" (When do we leave for the meeting, mother?)

"Dentro de una semana." (A week from today.)

"Solo llámame el día anterior y dame la hora." (Just call me the day before and give me the time.)

After saying that, I walked up to my mother and gave her a hug.

Waving goodbye, I left out of the hotel suite and to the elevator.

Reaching the private underground parking lot, I walked towards a Black Badge Ghost Rolls Royce with my chauffeur opening the door for me.

"Thank you, William."

"It's my job, miss." William said with a gentle smile

I nodded and smiled back.

Closing the door and getting into the car, William drove into the busy streets of Manhattan, New York.

Taking off my heels and taking my phone out of my back pocket, I strolled through my emails and sent a few responses back.

"Where to, miss?" William asked

"To my penthouse." I said

Turning off my phone, I leaned against the window and closed my eyes.
.
.
.
.

"Come on or we're going to be late."

"We're not going to be late."

"No, no, no, I don't think I should go."

"I already made reservations and it's our anniversary today."

"What about our son?"

"He'll be fine, my love. One of my trusted maids and bodyguards are watching him and making sure he takes his medicine."

Seeing her hesitating to leave the penthouse, I picked her in bridal style which surprised her.

"What .. What are you doing?"

"Taking my beautiful girlfriend to our 2 year anniversary dinner that I had scheduled."

Not waiting for her response, I pressed my lips against hers.

Pulling back, I saw her hide her face.

"My, My, to think a badass Mafia Donna like yourself is acting like a high school girl getting her first kiss."

I laughed a little until felt a blow against my stomach.

Bending down a little, I felt her jump out of my arms.

"You didn't have to hit me that hard."

"And you didn't have to embarrass me like that."

I chuckled and wrapped my arms around her waist.