7 | ❝A Jerk. Or Not?❞ - Eunseok

╔══════════════════╗
SONG EUNSEOK
✎ vii. a jerk. or not?
╚══════════════════╝

You had no idea how you had ended up in this position; somehow charming the school's most popular guy

You had no idea how you had ended up in this position; somehow charming the school's most popular guy. Most popular and biggest jerk. But God, who even cared if he was mean when he looked like an angel sent down from heaven to grace the school grounds?

Whenever someone new came to the school, there were several things that they were immediately made aware of. Most of them were given a list or told directly by one of the older students, while others learned naturally within a week of being at Chungdam High.

First? Eating outside was infinitely better than eating in the canteen.

Second? Being late was worse than being absent.

And third? Song Eunseok was the king of the school.

New students could probably just tell from the way he carried himself that he knew he could get anyone to do what he wanted. He was lazy, slept in class, cut in line at the snackbar, toyed with the younger students for his own amusement. He never truly bullied people, but he tread the line sometimes, and you didn't like it.

You weren't new to the school. You had been attending since you graduated middle school, and you were ever aware of all 3 of these things. It wasn't until you were in your graduating year that the third thing became as apparent as ever. For some reason— whether it was a Summer glow-up that you weren't aware of, or a dare from his friends, or whether he had truly always liked you— at the very beginning of the year, Eunseok had asked you out.

You thought that rejecting him the first time would discourage him from his... fixation. But, to your dismay, after coming back from the fall break, he seemed as determined as ever to win you over. He even somehow got the seating arrangement to change so he sat right behind you. You spent the fall months trying to ignore his constant pestering and note passing. He liked to kick your feet under the table as well.

You didn't really mind the most handsome guy at school paying attention to you, but you were confused. You definitely weren't going to blindly accept his offer to be your boyfriend without first getting to know him, which was your secret mission for now.

Given that you didn't go out of your way to avoid him, and still engaged in conversations with him, Eunseok kept his hopes up despite your original rejection. He was more sensible than his reputation might have painted for him. Yes, he enjoyed teasing people just to see their annoyed face, but bullying was a step too far even for him.

Maybe it was his need for attention, but he thrived on anything he could get. Whether it was the girls all having crushes on him or the boys all being jealous of him— he tried to make sure that he was at the top of everyone's mind. But he wasn't a bully. Anyone with any sense would know that Chungdam High did not have a bullying problem, but if anyone were to fill in that spot, it would probably be Eunseok and his friends.