WAVES OF GLORY

There I was, standing shamefully in a courtroom, surrounded by devils on my left and angels on my right. The master of lies came with a recording of my life story. Silence filled the room as we listened to my tape. I saw tears, regret, and resentment in the judge's eyes. The accuser asked the judge, "Didn't you say, 'Thou shalt not commit adultery?' She defiled herself, sleeping with her mother's brother. With this, I can curse her," the accuser said, "for you said, 'Curse be anyone that uncovers the nakedness of their relatives.'" Immediately, tears rolled down the judge's cheeks. The accuser said, "Don't cry yet; there is more. Didn't you say, 'Your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you?' But see what your daughter did," pointing at me in the video watching porn and masturbating. I felt dumb in my spirit. Waves can, therefore, be explained as the challenges we go through and the sins we commit.

A light shone in the courtroom, so bright that we covered our eyes with our hands to shield them. Amazingly, a lamb emerged from the light. It is said, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus who has blessed us with all spiritual blessings by adopting us as His children." I felt cleansed and had courage, for I knew my Messiah had arrived. He did all the talking for me. Suddenly, he took the tape, crushed it, and said, "I have taken her blame upon myself. Do you know what it takes to be called a child of God? Because I have died for her." He turned to me, saying, "Come, let us reason together. Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they may be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." And let not fornication or uncleanness or covetousness be once named among you as you've become a saint. I responded, "Amen." Waves are symbols of growth in Christ's renewal and transformation.

A day came when I went fishing and caught no fish. Days when I cursed the ground, for I had nothing to eat. Waves of poverty strained my life, handcuffing my hands and making me stagnant. Money to tithe was a burden. People abandoned me; when I was at the hospital, no one came to visit me, and I had nothing to eat or drink. I placed my trust in people, believing they could supply me the living water, not knowing they were like broken cisterns.

But I heard a voice that said, "Turn to me; I am the living water, and you shall never be thirsty again. Put your trust in no one but me, for I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger." Waves gave way for the glory of God to manifest in my life. The living water represents the Holy Spirit's ability to refresh us, quench our spiritual thirst, cleanse us, and bring forth life whenever He flows.

Waves can manipulate you in a way that makes you think you have it all without trusting God, thinking you can do all things by your might. Cursed be anyone that trusts in man; those hearts depart from the Lord. I was a perfect example of it. In all my life, I have trusted men, feeling satisfied with my achievements, delighting in my victory. But the Lord said to me, "Woe unto any man that puts his trust in men, not God." And I realized I have to be watchful in my ways. The waves come not but for the glory of God to manifest in our lives.

We are created for God's glory to be seen in our lives, regardless of any wave that tosses us to and fro from His direction. For it is written, "Even everyone that is called by my name, for I have created him for my glory; I have formed and made him." Waves come to strengthen our faith in Christ, for us to exclusively depend on Him. In the deepest wave of our life, the glory of God manifests itself as a light that awakens our spirit, for it is authored, "Arise, shine, for your light has come and the glory of the Lord has risen upon thee." The waves brought glory into my life. Waves of glory.