III. ONE MORE CHANCE

𝐘/𝐍 𝐖𝐀𝐒 at his house, reading some sort of article. well, until he saw an article about Itoshi sae. out of curiosity, he continued to read for more details.

there were numerous photos and words about him. he wanted that. he wanted the fame and recognition at his age, but he knew until then, he'll just have to work hard to his level.

he sighed as he closed up whatever he was reading the article on, he looked up at the ceiling. hundreds of thoughts clouded his mind.

'when will I get the chance to play by his side?'

'maybe I should've let him continue when I got to meet him at the playground..'

'will I be able to meet him again?'

'I should've been more soft on him when I turned him away..'

all this thinking was making his head hurt. he should get some sleep. I mean, it was almost his bedtime, but he didn't want to. he wanted to think more about the teal-eyed striker! however, the thought of facing his mom's wrath was enough to get him to turn away from the text. but maybe just one more look can help him.

in the end he couldn't sleep. y/n walked down the steps of the house careful not to have the stairs creak as he did. the numerous of medals and trophies on display near the tv got him to wonder if sae would be impressed.

y/n believed that he was not deserving of the praise and attention he got. he wanted to push harder for himself. even at his young age, he didn't trust that he was strong. japanese soccer was weak and lacked half of the requirements need to make a good soccer reputation. for once he felt ashamed of this, not his country well. kinda but he knew it wasn't their fault.

all the quiet nights he spent training would all be in vain if the country couldn't provide good training or teammates for that matter. soccer was a team sport, yes, but if that thinking continues on going then he didn't know what he'd do.

was someone looking at him? he looked around, side to side, noone. hm. whatever.

he needed to be selfish, hungry for his goals. y/n couldn't have that happening if all he's been told was to play as a team. plus, the players on the national teams were, not to be rude, but lacking in on their physical game. maybe the occasional muscle giy but thats about it.

sigh. maybe he was thinking too much about this. he turned around and found his mom staring right into his soul. oh. that was the staring he felt? he was so dead.

EXTRA / ADDITIONAL TIME:

while sae was trying to go to sleep, his mind kept wandering to the h/c male that asked for his help the day before. truth be told, sae did feel a bit bad for him. he didn't intend to be so harsh on the boy. but i guess he would be given one more chance. (he hopes)

I just realized i messed up on the timeline 😭
(edited - 01/05/2023)