I. HOLD ONTO THE MOMENT

𝐀 𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐀𝐈𝐍 h/c male was seen struggling to stay awake in class. although, he knew that it was bound to happen due to the fact that he spent all night practicing soccer instead of studying like his mom told him to.

he had his eyes averted on the floor while walking back home with his mom. until he heard a bunch of people nearby, cheers and movement were loud. he glanced over and briefly met gazes with a teal-eyed player on the field. It was just for a moment, though it might not seem like it, the h/c male felt what he was missing in his young life.

"mom? can i..watch?" the pleading e/c eyes got his mom to reluctantly let him watch the match. she knew that soccer was her son's current obsession and couldn't bear the thought of refusing to the things that stopped him from pursuing his current dream.

he walked quite fast to where he was now watching a match among children, about his age. y/n watched a young boy with dark green hair on the ground, playing with toys but he remained his focus on the maroon-haired player on the field. the e/c boy was watching the match like a hawk that even some bystanders got a bit scared. ironic isn't it?

even though it was a game between 8-year-olds, it seemed intense and the players seemed way too into it for children. the most impressive player on the field was, from what he heard, Itoshi sae. pretty and skilled? the boy certainly peaked his interest.

the h/c boy was laser-focused on him. y/n felt restless when he was watching him play. the numerous of manoeuvres he played out was skillfully projected to his liking. the passed and shots interested him even more.

the now-known boy named sae shot the ball into the goal but it didn't reach the net until the dark green-haired boy got on the field and kicked the goal. y/n thought that it was super impressive! he wished to rewatch that play or maybe..have the chance to play with them. it would've been a dream.

he continued watching the field until there were almost no people in the area. y/n secretly hoped that he would catch the gaze of the pretty prodigy again, but sadly he didn't.

It was like he just found his sun and he was the moon. he'd gladly be in the shadows of someone if it meant to play with someone like sae.

he viewed sae as a star and him as the big inky sky. enveloping everything darkness, and the other as the only light source for the people to watch. day dreaming about this got his head a little light and made his heart thump a bit louder than it should.

serendipity, it was only something to come across through luck or chance, one was bound to experience it at some point it their life. and in y/n's case, it was itoshi sae.

when he reached home, it was around 7:30 PM. after the match, he got distracted by a few vendors, shops, and he even got ice cream it was only then that he noticed it was late. he got scolded for staying too long and didn't get see the 8 year-old prodigy.!

..but the other did.

★✮★

y/n honestly couldn't stop himself from thinking about that prodigy. the movements and the tricks he pulled off was hypnotizing.

he believed that sae would make do in the small friend group he had with the plush toys on his bed. and that said a lot. he didn't let just anyone to touch or interact with them.

"but mrs. maria! he's really really pretty! skilled too!" he was rambling to his plushie's with a look that held admiration.

"hm? zuko? you too?" a pout was visible on his lips as i continued on. not realizing his mom was pressing her ear on the door listening on the conversation.

really. it was cute.

EXTRA / ADDITIONAL TIME:

when m/n was walking around after the match, he bought a blue ice pop and noticed the sunset, it was a beautiful shade of orange. like no other, he took pictures. He was one to take pictures of pretty places for him to hold onto the moment.

(edited - 05/09/24)