XVII. CAN'T THE UNIVERSE WAIT FOR ME?

TW: OOC RIN; KINDA, CURSING, NOT PROOFREAD, GORE(?)

★✮★

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘 that he once dreamt of, became one of the days he dreaded to occur. he doesn't realize how much something means to him until it disappears from him. he took for granted his mother's company, the time he had with sae, his home place, and his relationship with rin.

maybe if he was naive and young, he wouldn't have to leave, he wouldn't have to carry that burden at his current age.

standing on the floor of the airport gave him a sense of uneasiness. rin was there at his mom's side with a melancholic look in his eyes. he knew that they didn't have enough time. if you had looked reeal closely, you could've may have spotted the chatoyant of a diamond in y/n's eyes everytime he looked at rin. (rin could've argued that rather than it only being seen y/n's eyes; y/n held the worth of a diamond all together. though, it's not like he would say it to his face.)

he wished that the world stopped and slowed down for atleast a day of two.

one moment, he was on the pitch with a ball in his hands; the next, he was standing in an airport. a breather would've been nice.

eudaemonia, maybe that's how you could've deemed y/n being for receiving that letter. but could he really be that lucky if he were to leave everything that gave him the worth to have that letter in the first place?

he would've been more content in the safety of his friends' and mother's arms.

"hey bud. you ready for your soccer journey?" the comforting voice of his mom pulls him out of his reverie. he'd miss the voice of his mom once he stepped foot into germany. even if all his mom spoke was corny wannabe wise sayings.

"no not really." said rather bluntly but neither of his mom nor rin said anything about it, his mom more than rin to be honest. rin couldn't give a fuck about what y/n said right now. plus it would seem rather hypocritical since he had more of an... extravagant vocabulary than y/n.

luminescence lights seemed more brighter than ever. maybe because the corners of rin's mouth was tugged to make a small smile. he really was the cutest ever. sadly, y/n wouldn't be there to see rin receive the trophy for the prettiest smile in the world.

the lights only grew brighter when y/n pulled a boyish grin of his own on his lips, the lips which rin wanted to kiss but couldn't due to society (society means sae)

"good luck." y/n smiles only grew brighter at rin's rare compliments. maybe a picturesque would be a nice comparison to the grin he held. rin treasures them more than anything else in the world. (not including soccer)

normally he wouldn't be sputtering out such words but now that his friend was leaving; he would deem it rude to not let a little bit of the boy y/n once knew out of the shell of the ice cold persona that y/n calls 'itoshi rin'.

"you too, rinrin." for once, rin let that nickname slide but with a heavy heart. words were left unsaid with rin, but y/n spoke all he needed to say.

y/n stepped forward but rin stepped the other direction. with enough training, maybe he could fall into the places of y/n and sae. they are what he aspires to be after all.

'well, I'm off to be the best in the world.'

'I'm going to grow stronger for you, rin. I promise!'

the two best people in his life both left to become a better, if not the best version's of themselves. leaving rin right here where he is. rin wonders if he too would get a chance to improve not only as a soccer player, but also as a person.

★✮★

rin didn't trust that y/n would be the same if he came back, honestly he was doubting if he ever would.

would sae and y/n treat him any different if he had the same mindset when he was six? if only he didn't spare a glance at the black and white sphere he decided that would be his way of living and just focused on the small figurines that caught up all his attention at that soccer game.

he was always in a state of tranquility when he was six years old, unknowing of the dark memories coming to be. rin wanted to reverse time just for once. to relive the times where he had nothing to worry about asides for soccer, a place to stay, and food.

but whatever.

he had to grow up and leave the feelings of sadness and refer to something more comforting than anything. he should watch a horror movie for tonight. he wasn't the kid who relied on sae anymore.

★✮★

loud noises came from his gadget. with the explosions and monster crawling around the place. It disgusted him a bit but he brushed off that feeling; speaking of which, it reminded him of the times where y/n would watch horror movies with him. the guy would've hid into rin's shoulder whenever a jumpscare popped up. he found it cute-...what was he saying? nevermind.

the blood dripping down the walls of the hospital. the main character was currently running down the hall, blood-stained clothes and a bloody side to which they were currently putting pressure on.

the plot was about a contagious disease happening in a hospital. ironic, isn't it? it was cliche but it certainly gets him spooked everytime.

the other side characters were probably dead with how they didn't show up for the rest of the movie. (one of them reminded rin of y/n and it hurt him  seeing that they were dead on the sidewalk)

'the jumpscares seem like the directors were on a budget..' but regardless, rin was sure it would've still gave you a quick fright.

oh and it ended on a cliffhanger..how nice.

it was worse than what he had expected but brushed it off. hes seen ones that were... interesting to say the least.

but his mind trailed off and ended thinking about y/n. he pondered about what he may be currently doing.

watching soccer games perhaps? no, he was still on the plane and he complained about not having internet on the way. probably sleeping.

EXTRA / ADDITIONAL TIME:

y/n was infact, watching soccer games on the plane. he paid for wifi on the flight. he was lucky enough to receive a window seat. the 2 other people on the plane seemed..scary enough to leave alone.

'i wonder what rin is doing..'

the two were thinking about each other at the same time with the similar fondness they held while doing so.