The farm

Nobody has really said anything since I got here. Its been two days. Glenn and Rick usually say a couple things a day but that's usually it.

I have my own tent. It's pretty scary sleeping alone. I don't have my dad anymore to keep me safe. I'm sure Rick would but I would feel much safer with me dad around. Unfortunately, he won't be back.

Now that I realize, I haven't been sleeping much these past two days. I need to go on a run and clear my head.

I walk over to Rick. "Uh hey Rick, are you going on a run sometime soon?"

"Not that I know of. Do you need anything?" He asks.

"Well I would like to do something to take my mind off of... the incident." I paused before I said that last part.

"Okay sure. I'll go gather some people." I nod and he walks off.

....

Rick comes back with Glenn and Daryl.

"You, Glenn, and Daryl are going on a run. Daryl make sure you're back in two hours, okay?" Rick asks.

Daryl nods and we all get in the car. Daryl says we are going to be going to a Walmart.

....

We get to Walmart and stand outside.

"Everyone spread out." Daryl says.

"No! We have to stick together." Glenn disagrees.

"Well then you and Emma can stick together." He says.

"Fine. We will." Glenn agrees to his idea.

Me and Glenn go off to the pharmacy section. Daryl goes off to well.. who knows where.

"You check behind the pharmacy counter and I'll look in the aisles." Glenn tells me and I nod. I head over behind the counter.

I don't know what exactly I'm searching for so I grab whatever I can find. So far, I found a full bottle of ibuprofen, half a bottle of Advil, Amoxicillin and Zertec. I don't think any would really come to our use but, just in case.

I feel something touch my arm from the shelf behind me. It grabs me and pulls me closer to it. I scream for help but I can't get anything out.

I try to scream louder as its pulling me closer. I feel it's hand wrap around my arm. Its grip is so tight. I try harder and harder to get out of its grip but it won't let go.

I can feel its breath on my neck. This is it. This is where my life is going to end. I scream one last time and let out a sob.

A shelf slams into its head and I fell to the floor, releasing from its grip. I bring my knees up to my chest and rest my head against the wall behind me.

My arms and legs are shaking. This trip was to help me clear my head but it just brought more stress on me.

I look up to see who killed the flesh eater. It was Glenn.

He comes over and sits next to me. "Are you okay?"

"Yea." I lie. I'm not okay. I'm terrified.

"I know you're lying. You're mouth is moving but your eyes aren't following." He says.

I sit there trying to hold back tears. Glenn hugs me tight. We pull apart when we hear the flesh eater growl again. Glenn makes sure he kills it this time.

"Come on. Let's get Daryl and go home." He says.

Home.

We get in the car to go home. Glenn realizes I'm still shaking and sits in the back seat with me.

I slowly drift to sleep.