𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 4

Third Person P.O.V

                      They tore through the stormy night along the dark country roads, wind slammed against the Camaro

Rain lashed the windshield, (Y/n) didn't know how Sally could see anything, but she kept her foot on the gas.

Every time lightning flashed (Y/n) would look over at Grover and debate if she was going insane or not at what she was seeing.

All she could say was, "so you know our mothers?" Grover looked away from the window at the girl.

"Not exactly," he said, "I mean, we've never met in person, but they knew I was watching you guys."

"Watching us?"

"Keeping tabs on you two, making sure you guys were okay, but I wasn't faking being your guys friend," he added hastily, "I am your guys friend."

"Um...what are you exactly?" Percy popped in the conversation.

"That doesn't matter right now," Grover told him.

"It doesn't matter? From the waist down our best friend is a donkey-" Grover let out a sharp, throaty "Blaa-ha-ha!"

Both Percy and (Y/n) have heard him make that sound before but they both assumed it was a nervous laugh. "Goat!" Grover cried.

"What?" (Y/n) looked at him confused.

"I'm a goat from the waist down," Grover explained, annoyed. "You just said it didn't matter," she pointed out.

"Blaa-ha-ha! There are satyrs who would trample you underhoof for such an insult," he gave Percy a pointed look. "Woah, wait, satyrs? You mean like... Mr. Brunner's myths?" Percy asked.

"Were those old ladies at the fruit stand a myth, Percy? Was Mrs. Dodds a myth?" Grover squinted.

"So you do admit there's a Mrs. Dodds?" (Y/n) called him out quickly. "Of course," he replied in a tone that said 'duh.'

"Then why-"

"The less you two knew, the less monsters you'd both attract," Grover said, like it should be perfectly obvious.

"We put Mist over the humans' eyes, we hoped you'd both think the Kindly One was a hallucination, but it was no good, you both started to realize who you are," He explained.

"Who we-wait a minute, what do you mean?" (Y/n) stressed.

The weird bellowing noise rose up again somewhere behind us, closer than before. Whatever was chasing us was still on our trail.

"Kids," (M/n) said, "there's too much to explain and not enough time, we have to get you both to safety."

"Safe from what? who's after us?" Percy questioned.