VIII (Christmas Special Part II)

As Bryant descended the staircase adorned with branches and Christmas balls, the festive ambiance enveloped him. The soft glow of Christmas lights revealed a transformed living room filled with warmth. He looked almost unrecognizable. His face took on a subtle matte finish, the gentle glow of flushed cheeks complementing the shimmering golden strands of his hair in the ambient Christmas lights. Melissa was stunned by the appearance of her son.

"Sweetie you look amazing!" She raised her hand to caress his face but he pulled away.

"Mom don't touch my face!" He murmured.

"Oh sorry, sorry! I forgot. Your skin looks flawless." she apologized.

"Because I'm wearing make up." He informed her.

"Doesn't matter. I can barely tell." She was fluttering her long red dress while stepping from one foot to another.

As he approached the door, a shadow danced behind the slightly opaque glass, catching his attention and sending a shiver down his spine. The shadow's movements hinted at familiarity, prompting Bryant to swiftly twist the doorknob open. Artificial light spilled into the darkness, revealing Shawn's silhouette. Shawn was standing right there in his impeccable suit. He chose a cherry-coloured shirt to complement the flowers printed on the sleek black fabric of the suit. The ensemble was finished with a black tie and black leather shoes. He was like a fresh breath of air for Bryant.

"You look amazing!" Bryant couldn't keep himself from complimenting his friend while scanning him head to toe.

"Thanks! You look amazing too. You're gorgeous!" Shawn stared deeply into his eyes.

For a brief moment, they forgot about everyone else around. They felt like it was just the two of them so they could be themselves, but reality hit them when Melissa joined wrapping her arm around her son's waist.

"I'm so glad you came, Shawn. Bryant really likes you being here." While each word was coming out of her mouth, Bryant was rolling his eyes. He couldn't stand the idea that she was acting as if she wanted to invite him in the first place and also trying to convince Shawn how much Bryant needs him.

"I think we should take a glass of something and just wait here at the entrance for the guests." Bryant said and caught Shawn by the arm pulling him away. Oh, and mom, place Shawn next to me at the table, please, and don't let anybody sit there." Bryant faked a smile and Melissa did the same while turning around to return to her duties.

As the guests were beginning to appear Bryant and Shawn only had to say "welcome"and Merry Christmas". Bryant knew all the people that were getting in. Daniel, his father's brother, with his daughter, Hailey, were some of those he was really glad they came.

It wasn't long until everyone arrived and Melissa was spinning around the living room chatting with everyone. The flickering Christmas lights cast a warm glow, illuminating the living room adorned with festive decorations. Laughter and chatter filled the air as guests mingled, creating a lively atmosphere. 

 Victor caught Shawn by the elbow in one of the few moments when Bryant wasn't around him.

"Come in my office." He whispered in Shawn's ear, the voice carrying a solemn and grave tone, resonating with a sense of seriousness.

The young boy followed the dark haired man. Victor opened the door for him, pointed his hand at a chair around the desk and then closed the door softly.

"My son's telling me you're talented and you want to make yourself known." Victor spoke and Shawn could breathe a sigh of relief. "You know concerts at the bar won't help much. You need to go big if you really are as talented as he says."