Chapter 6: Agro Caculates Our Chance Of Death

1208 words

Please comment and tell me what you think :D

Tantalus was convinced that if Annabeth, Raiden, Percy, Tyson, and I had just minded our own business and not egged the Stymphalian Birds on with our bad chariot driving, they would've not attacked.

I hated it when people, especially males, use their positions of power to boost their egos.

"Breathe," Raiden said out of the corner of her mouth because I was about to explode.

Percy told Tantalus to go chase a donut, so he assigned all of us to kitchen patrol. This included Raiden and I, even though we weren't involved in it because according to Tantalus, "collective punishment builds discipline."

This was the final straw for me. I stormed up to Tantalus and put my face very close to his.

"I would cancel this punishment if I were you," I whispered in his ear. "Otherwise, you and I will have to have a little chat, Son of Zeus. And we wouldn't want that, would we?"

I backed away from him, and he looked petrified.

"Yes...well..." Tantalus sputtered. "I believe that kitchen patrol is an unjust consequence. The disrupters shall not be punished. That's...that's all."

I was walking back toward the forest, but then I heard voices.

"Grover is in danger, Annabeth," Percy's voice said. "I've been having dreams."

I stopped in my tracks. So, Grover was in danger. And I wasn't the only one having dreams about him.

I turned back around and headed toward the Poseidon Cabin, which was where Percy and Annabeth were.

"There's only one thing powerful enough to save the camp," Annabeth was saying.

"Yeah, what is it?" I asked, stopping in front of them.

Annabeth jumped at my voice.

"What's it to you?" Percy asked.

I ignored him.

"What's the thing that could save camp?" I asked Annabeth.

"The Golden Fleece," Annabeth said slowly.

"But wasn't it lost centuries ago?" Percy asked. Then, his eyes widened. "Annabeth, what if Grover found the Golden Fleece? Wouldn't it radiate nature magic?"

Annabeth bit her lip. "He could've. But Percy, you don't understand. The Fleece is in the Sea of Monsters. To even get it, we'd have to scour miles of ocean."

"So?" Percy said. "It'll be easy. I'm the son of Poseidon."

"We'd also have to fight..." Annabeth took a deep breath. She looked scared suddenly. "We'd also have to fight a Cyclops. Polyphemus. He guards the Fleece. And he...he's the worst Cyclops."

"Where is this Sea of Monsters?" I said.

"It used to be in the Mediterranean," Annabeth explained. "Odysseus sailed through it. But it moved with Western civilization. So, now it's in the Atlantic Ocean. The mortals call it the Bermuda Triangle."

"So, let's go," I said. "Agro, what's the risk of death?"

About 89.46%, Agro barked.

Give or take a few percents, Zade added.

"We need to tell Tantalus, first," Percy said, though he looked like he didn't want to.

I rolled my eyes so that Percy could see.