𝐓𝐖𝐎. the summer pact

"the best love is the kind
that awakens the soul"

- the notebook

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

🌞💐🌊🫀🌅
𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑
by amy! ˚ ༘'✦ ˑ ִֶ 𓂃⊹

╰┈•┈ * ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚ ┈•┈╯

"𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍, 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓?" I ask, initiating conversation. "Yeah, but some people call me Nate." He says, I smile all big. His voice and the way he says things makes me do that.

"You're Anastasia." He confirms, "Yes, or Stassie- only if you want to." I reply, talking a mile a minute. "I like that, Stassie." He grins. "Stassie, Stassie, Stassie." He echoes himself, I giggle.

"Yesss, Nate?" I jokingly reply back, laughing. He looks at me, the height difference wasn't that far apart. He was only about seven inches taller— give or take. I liked that about him.

"Do you know what's crazy?" He asks after a comfortable silence. "Hm?" I hum, "I thought you'd be really mean." He replies, and I can't tell if he's joking. He looks like he's telling the truth.

"Me? What?" I exclaim, honestly shocked. "I mean— like you hang out with Britney and Justine and you're like really popular." He stutters, defending himself while laughing.

"Me? I'm popular?" I ask, sort of teasing. "You're very popular. And I guess for a really good reason. You're really nice." He adds. It's not him saying it just to defend his argument, I think he actually means it and my heart skips a few beats.

"Thanks, Nathan." I breathe, smiling brightly. I gasp, "You weren't lying!" I exclaim and run for the dock. I heard Nathan's endearing laugh and footsteps chasing after me.

I run to the edge of the dock and look out onto the water amazed. "Pretty, isn't it?" He asks, "Yeah." I breath out, stunned. I look at him and he's already looking at me.

I beam and he reciprocates it. "Um- uh.. who are you bunking with?" I ask, stuttering like a mess. "Matt." He replies, in no rush to answer."

"Who are you bunking with?" He asks, he sounds genuinely interested. "Oh um Justine. She's like my best friend but like not best best friend because that's obviously the triplets. She's like my best friend if I had to choose a girl." I reply, accidentally going on a tangent.

I look away breaking our eye contact from embarrassment. "Sorry." I say, sitting down, dangling my feet into the water. "No, you're fine." He nods encouragingly. "She's the blonde one on the soccer team, right?" He asks.

"Yep, number eight. She's really good." I mention, fidgeting with my fingers in my lap. "Chris told me you're really good. The best on the team." He grins, assuring me.

I lick my lips, "I win MVP once and he says that." I laugh awkwardly. He smiles and my heart melts. "But I guess, I'm not that good. I'm better at softball and all the other sports I play."

"You play like every sport." Nathan teases, "Yeah," I mock his tone, he chuckles. "My favorite is figure skating, though. Which is kinda outlandish since Matt calls me "The sun" because I'm so happy and such a "Goody two shoes.'" I add, ranting again. I put my hands behind me and lean back, looking at Nathan.