𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄. everything i dreamed of

"love is patient, love is
kind, love means slowly
losing your mind"

- 27 dresses

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

🌞💐🌊🫀🌅
𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑
by amy! ˚ ༘'✦ ˑ ִֶ 𓂃⊹

╰┈•┈   * ˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚   ┈•┈╯

𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐀𝐌𝐏 𝐈𝐒 something I have always looked fowards to. It's usually the highlight of my summer besides our annual trip. This year is no different, but waking up in the morning, I wasn't only looking fowards to the activities.

I was looking foward to seeing Nathan.

When the birds begin pecking at trees and singing, I also began to stir. It was so cozy in the bed, but I really wanted to get outside. I feel Justine's body press against mine and I smile.

We always push the beds together to make a giant monster bed so that we could be closer together. I push off the three layers of blankets I have on and kick all the stuffed animals at the end of the bed and stand.

Justine twitches and I stop in place. She sleep talks and I continue my climb. I tuck her back in and walk into the bathroom.

Our cabins were not big. The main room was about fifteen feet by fiteen feet and the bathroom was five by five and there was an outdoor shower.

Our cabins surrounded the lake but faced away from it. The showers were attached onto the back of the cabins near the lake. Each cabin had a back porch and a path connecting the front to the back of the cabin.

The entire camp was built around the lake. There's the cabins, of course, the meeting house, firepit, the bus dropoff, the front drive, and some activity based places scattered around.

Today, after breakfast, flag, and bible study was the mud run. Which was an obstacle course with mud, everywhere. Despite it sounding unsanitary and gross. It was insanely fun.

After our activities are lunch, then free time, then bible study again, dinner, free time, then lights out. Church camp was routinely yet so flexible and chaotic.

I strip down to quickly wake myself up in the shower. I quickly slip new, clean clothes on and brush my teeth in the bathroom.

I hear Justine's heavy footsteps and I peak into our room. She's slowly (but surely) rolling out of bed and picking out clothes. I smile to myself and pull my hair back into a ponytail.

"Good morning." I call out, "Good morning!" She replies, surprisingly happy. I walk out of the bathroom and grab my waterbottle and backpack. "Where are you going?"

"I'm going to walk around until flag." I answer, smiling. "Okay, sunshine." She nods. I grin at the nickname. "Have fun." She smiles.

I hum a response and walk out of the cabin. I whisper under my breath. I begin my journey around camp, humming my favorite song.

No one seems to be up, it's only seven, though. I had always been a morning person. I loved watching the sunrise and listening to the peace of the early morning.

"Morning, Anastasia!" A hear a voice call out, "Good morning!" I reply back to who I assume is one of the camp counselors. I look over to the lake, watching two younger boys splashing around in the lake, laughing and screaming.

I hear girls giggling in their cabin, and a hairdryer going off make me smile. A quiet conversation and a cabin door shutting catches my attention. Cabin twelve, Matthew Sturniolo and Nathan Doe.

"Hi!" I shout, Nate looks up and smiles. "Hi, Stassie!" Matt yells back. I skip up to their cabin. Matt hugs me tightly and I laugh. "Hi, Nate." I say, "Hi, Stassie." He replies.

"Are you excited for the mud run? I know it's your favorite." Matt asks, walking down the steps. "Yep, very." I can't help but smile.

"Mud run?" Nate inquires. "Oh yeah, you weren't here last year. They added a mud run." I explain. "That's sounds fun." He suggests. "Yeah, it's Stassie's favorite because it's digusting."

"I mean kind of," I mock his tone, "It's an obstacle course doused in mud. What were you expecting." I point out. "It's still gross."

"Lighten up, Matt." Nate suggests and I grin. That's my line. "Yeah, Matty B." I tease, using the nickname he absolutely hates. "First off, I hate that nickname," He laughs, "Second off, stop teaming up on me. Let me be a buzzkill."

Nate and I chuckle, "I need to fill up my water bottle." I acknowledge, shaking it and hearing nothing. "Well, we're going to the meeting house anyway. Flag's in five-ish minutes." Nate replies.

"Okay." I breathe under my breath. Nate and Matt begin talking about hockey and memories as I look out onto the lake.

If this is how camp was going to be. I was going to love this year.

author's note ༊*·˚
late and kinda bad oof. i don't have an excuse for being late for an upload. i could use the excuse school made me really busy but that isn't true. hey, but atleast i'm posting :D

correct any mistakes because i did not edit this whatsoever!

❛ 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐑 ❜
¨. ༢ ͎۪۫ written by amy! ·˚ ◡̈

 ༢ ͎۪۫  written by amy! ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈