Chapter 1

"Princess, when is your coronation?" Someone asked. "How do you feel about being crowned?", "Is there going to be a selection?" The reporters were overlapping each other now, sprouting questions. Landon always taught us how to avoid the press, and tonight I had to learn to be masterfully evasive answering their questions.

"What is the situation with the rebels?" Someone asked, finally a question I could answer. "The attacks are getting more rapid, however we are learning to control the situation. Remember always, that the royal family is with you. We are fighting back as best as we can and show our gratitude to the citizens for their everlasting support."

More cameras, more voices, more reporters started crowding the space. I had to get out of there. Thankfully, my carriage arrived just then and general Oren escorted me to it. I climbed in, I was told to smile and wave. And so I did. It was an hour before we reached the palace, it looked beautiful at this time in the evening.

It was regal, with the palace guards surrounding it, the flag mounted on top and its intricate design. The garden in front of it was lined with flowers, I gasped as I was led though the arch that led to the palace. It was like it turned more beautiful every time I saw it. There were multiple towers surrounding the cream coloured center of the palace, the windows glistened, and the detailing looked marvellous even from way down here. The sunset lit it up perfectly.

As I was escorted in, I was crushed into a hug by my best friend and half sister, Libby. She exclaimed, "Where have you been all day??!", "Guess what, Nash finally asked me out!!".

I was so happy for her, Libby and Nash were meant to be, you could see it from the way they looked at each other. "Oh Libby, I am so happy for you!!" I replied. Libby is the single, most kind person I had ever met. Libby's sense of style is a mix of punk and goth. Her hair is dyed neon blue with inky-black tips, and she wears it in a ponytail. She wears a metal-studded choker. She has very pale skin that stands in stark contrast to her dark lipstick. She also wears black nail polish and lines her eyes in kohl.

We talked all about it, all the way up the stairs that led to the second floor. Then we heard a noise. Someone shouting. Something is going on...