thunder // Danny

Margaret wasn't often afraid of storms, but that night, after a nightmare that left her frozen, the storm above the house didn't help that. Because it was the Christmas holidays, Margaret had stayed to sleep a few nights here, with her friends' family.

Margaret stood up, looking at the clock which showed the very late hour, leaving her speechless. Margaret headed to the small upstairs bathroom to wash her face with water. After that, she went back to bed, hoping to get some sleep again. And with some times, she succed to rest finally.

- Ahhh! A few hours later, the thunder had continued to rumble, suddenly waking the young woman from her deep sleep.

Placing one hand over her mouth to keep from screaming and the other over her heart, trying to make it slow down despite everything. But not to mention that her scream had woken up someone else also upstairs. Opening the door delicately so as not to scare her, Danny pushed the door open, only to stick his face through it.

- Margaret, are you okay? Danny was rather worried after hearing his friend screaming in the middle of the night.

- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to wake you. Margaret wiped her sweat from her forehead, inviting Danny into the room.

- Do you need anything? Suddenly Margaret started to blush, it would be ridiculous to say what she would need right now, but it is perhaps the only thing that can soothe her sleep. Danny took his friend's hand when he saw her lower her head.

- It's stupid if I ask that. Danny lifted Margaret's head by her chin, shaking his head no to invite her to say whatever she wanted.

- Could you stay and sleep here? With me ? Danny showed a huge smile, nodding at the young woman in front of him.

Margaret said nothing, letting the young man take a seat in her bed. And after a few minutes of settling in, Margaret finally said.

- Thank you Danny for being here, you mean a lot to me. Then she closed her eyes, letting sleep take her away little by little.

- Me too. Danny kissed Margaret's cheek, also closing his eyes before falling asleep as well.