7

"So they started doing research on Shards again?" Alice said walking beside me.

I sighed wishing she would just go away and let me be. This was just torture and all I wanted to do was just move on. No... I needed to.

Ever since her death I had worked myself to the bone. I moved apartments and hid most things that reminded me of her. Some were immovable like the coffe shop we always went to or the night sky which she loved so much and her key chain.

Her key chain wasn't impossible to hide but I could never bring myself to put it away in a box never to be seen again, when it had so much sentimental value, she had carried it everywhere she went.

"Shards are powerful and can be used in many remarkable ways but not everyone has the power or consent to do so and that's why only a few can see them. Well for now" said Alice

I turned to look at her stunned. What she had just said to me was foreign and new which made the possibility of her being real even greater. There was no way my brain could create an entire conversation with her voice. This made my heart skip a beat, the thought that she was actually alive.

Now there was only one thing left to do, to confirm her existence. I turned to a stranger close by and asked if he could see the lady next to me.

The puzzled look on his face gave the answer right away but I kept trying to explain to the stranger. I tried to explain that there was a beautiful lady right next to me. I looked and sounded like a mad man but I didn't care.

The stranger gave up and walked away thinking I was some escapee from a mental ward.

With sadness in my heart I walked home. Alice was still talking to me. She kept asking me to slow down and wait for her but I just kept walking pretending I couldn't hear her.

....
I was a few feet away from my apartment and that's when I saw a teenage girl sitting on my front step. I had never seen her before. I didn't have friends or family so who could she have been.

"Can I help you young lady?" I ask walking towards my apartment door

"Yes. Good day sir" she looked confused after she said that as though she wasn't aware of what to say next.

"Can I help you with  something? Are you looking for someone or something?" I asked trying to help her.

"I am looking for the both of you and now I found you. My heart is at peace." She said touching her heart.

"Is this some kind of prank-" I turned around to see only Alice next to me, quietly watching.

"Wait did you say the both of us?? Me and who exactly?" I asked frantically.

"You and the lady right next to you"

"You can see her?" I asked putting my hands on her shoulders.

"Yes, are you alright sir?"

"Don't worry he had a long day" Alice responded and opened the apartment door gesturing us to go in.

♡♡♡♡

Hello my lovely readers, I hope you all are enjoying the book so far. Don't forget to comment on what you think will happen next. And a huge thank you to everyone who is always commenting, voting and sharing; you're the reason I write <3💜

♡♡♡♡