Young Love

Alana's been acting so weird lately. It's been a week since I killed Damian, nobody suspected a thing. They left the killer unmarked and buried his body already. Thank god I got out of that one, I need to stay out of jail to protect her. I've been more scared after she got kidnapped, and actually I think that's why she's been so off.

I finish getting dressed by the dryer, hearing her silent screams and sobs. My heart drops, I run downstairs to her room quickly. She's curled up against the wall under her window, whispering to herself. She's really scaring me.

"Alana!"
I call for her, she doesn't move. Nor react. She's.. in a trance? Is she this badly scarred from Damian? She jumps when I touch her, looking up at me. Her eyes are like glass. She scoots away, cowering from me.
"Baby! What's wrong? You're terrifying me!"

I try to talk with her, try my best. But somethings not right, she's out of it. Her eyes look dazed. Has she been taking something?
"Alana."
I call her name again as she stares blankly at me, not one emotion. I feel my eyes well up with tears as she stays still like a statue.

"Baby, answer me. Do something!"
I cry, sinking to my knees infront of her. She looks away, tearing up. Is she back? She throws her head into her lap, curling up in a ball. She sobs hard.
"Baby! Please."
I beg, struggling to stay calm. She looks up at me, swallowing hard.

"Tom."
She whispers, scooting closer finally. She lets her knees go down, throwing her arms around my neck. I wrap mine around her torso, squeezing her. Picking her up off the floor, she wraps her legs around my waist. Sobbing into my shoulder, she trembles like mad.
"Tom- I- I can't stop having these daytime nightmares, they never stop. I don't know what to do!"

She cries, squeezing my whole body. It clicks. I understand now, she really was in a trance. Like an episode of trama response. Oh my poor girl, this is so bad. I didn't wish this ever.
"Calm down, baby. Breathe, breathe slowly for me."
I whisper, rubbing her back with my right hand. She hiccups, sniffling. I can tell she's struggling to breathe slowly.

I bring her to her bed, laying her down carefully. Running my fingers through her hair, trying to calm Al down. She just doesn't. Fuck, what do I even do? I got to ask her about it, I'm so curious.
"Are you alright now, my love? Can you breathe okay?"
I analyze her whole body, searching for signs of something to panic about. But nothing.

Her breathing is shakey, but I think she's better. She sits up, her sobbing has died down to little cries out here and there. She reaches for my hand, okay. Slow start but we're getting there. God that's so relieving. I watch her eyes, they aren't crying consistent tears. That's good.

"They never go away."
She tells me, I panic.
"What doesn't, baby?"
Her eyes gloss over again, shit.
"The nightmares."
I tilt my head, swallowing. Trying to not show that I'm freaking the fuck out right now.

"What happens in the nightmares?"
I ask her, softly. Trying to learn something about these horrid nightmares.
"It's endless,"
She pauses.
"It starts with you, I can tell you the first time. Then the second, then it bleeds to Damian and what he did. I run down this hallway everytime and the floors melt and I fall back to square one, it's endless."
She repeats, I look at her, trying to figure out how this can be triggered?

How can I avoid it?
"Is it random?"
She nods, looking down at my chest. I slip off my hoodie I brought with me, dressing her in it. Letting her warm up because she's only dressed in a T-shirt and she's shivering. God, Alana. You're so dumb to yourself sometimes.