26

| Saturday, December 27th |

"Come on y'all." Fatima yelled to the boys as she shuffled through her purse. Today was the day they had the charity event tonight. She tried everything to get out of it but Zac was not budging. So she figured if she was going, it would be on her accord.

"We coming." She heard Zac yell from upstairs as he was fixing Junior's outfit. He was initially supposed to go with Hazel and her family but she cancelled last minute so they are just gonna have him tag along.

The boys finally came downstairs. "Hey babe." He kissed her before faking like he was shooting a basketball. "How was your errands?"

"Pretty good." She plainly stated still going through her purse, she was looking for something but she couldn't remember what it was.

"You sure?" He asked noticing her demeanor.

"Yeah. You ready to go?" She asked finally looking up at him, she was over whatever it is that she was looking for.

"Ye- hold up I gotta take this." He patted his pockets looking for his phone before reading the caller ID. "Hello? Yeah I been waiting on your call." She heard him say before he disappeared into a different room.

"Go grab a snack for the ride Junior." She motioned him to the pantry, he grabbed a Caprisun and those travel size Goldfish. She grabbed a few things before throwing it in his bookbag and making their way outside through the garage. Her phone buzzed as soon as she hit the bottom step.

Ian

Wya?

We need to talk.

It's really important

She debated on if she would respond to him before going against her better judgement.

Ian

About what?

Just give me a time and place and meet me.

I'll let you know.

She locked her phone as she made her way over to the car. "Junior stop yanking on the door handle." She unlocked the car door and he went flying. "See...I bet you listen next time."

Back inside Zac was in his study flipping through paperwork looking for the police report, he was on the phone with Mark, his fianicial advisor, and they were going over ways to get the mom and pop shop up running.

"Send me the police report and I will get it over to the insurance company." Mark stated as Zac continued looking through file cabinets. "The insurance company should send a check within a week of two of getting the police report."

"Okay. Sounds good." Zac said reading off the original copy of the police report. He sent a quick screenshot to Mark before walking out.

"Oh yeah and Hazel called me earlier as well."

"She did? For what?" Zac asked shocked.

"She stated when she returns back to California she will be returning everything so you should see your bank account go up." He mentioned.

"Back to California?" He thought to himself. Why would she go back to California if she is pregnant and her son is still here but she crying about working things out. "Okay sounds cool."